2018/2019 Guerrero in Mexico

1234567 ... 15

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Parro
Thanks Chava.  Believe Mr Max might be the older gentleman in the YouTube today, where Marina's had him by the shirt and let him go.  Found some info on him and will publish manana

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Chava
Cops without guns patrol Acapulco; disarming operation called ‘publicity stunt’
Most officers back at work but 22 remain under investigation
Thursday, September 27, 2018

More than 90% of Acapulco’s municipal police returned to work yesterday just one day after federal and state forces took over policing duties in the resort city, disarming local police due to suspected infiltration by criminal gangs.

But the municipal police remain unarmed as army personnel and state authorities continue to review the 1,500 weapons they seized.

Officers were held for more than eight hours following the navy-led disarmament operation but after 10:00 pm Tuesday, those found to have no links to crime groups began to filter out of the Acapulco police (SSP) headquarters.

The newspaper Milenio reported that officers were patrolling the streets yesterday as normal, albeit unarmed, while administrative officials carried on with their usual work at SSP offices.

The city’s police chief, Max Sedano Román, who was also detained Tuesday, has also been released as has the city’s transit police director.

The other four commanders who were detained, including two for “probable responsibility in the crime of homicide,” remain in custody in a prison in Iguala and 18 officers are still under investigation.

The SSP headquarters were still surrounded by military personnel yesterday evening, Milenio said.

Acapulco Mayor Evodio Velázquez Aguirre yesterday reiterated that the municipal government would cooperate with investigations and support the military’s actions.

In contrast, Alejandro Martínez Sidney, president of the Confederation of Chambers of Commerce, Services and Tourism (Concanaco) in Guerrero, described the operation to take control of security in Acapulco as a publicity stunt that would have little impact on reducing crime.

“We are certain that it’s just a show for the media that won’t help at all to reduce the crime rates being recorded in the port [city], because with this measure the criminals just change their operational strategy and continue offending,” he told the newspaper El Financiero.

Martínez also said it was “suspicious” that the operation took place just four days before the mayor will leave office.

He said it was regrettable that due to this “dramatic” measure the United States government via its embassy in Mexico City issued an updated travel warning to remind U.S. citizens against traveling to Guerrero due to high crime levels.

Cruise ship companies will also remove Acapulco from their itineraries, Martínez added.

“If they really want to attack the infiltration of criminal groups, this operation should extend to the state Attorney General’s office, [other] prosecutors’ offices, the state [Secretariat of] Public Security, ministerial investigative police, the [National] Gendarmerie, the Federal Police and even the army and navy because they are also infiltrated and nobody is investigating them,” he declared.

Source: Milenio (sp), El Financiero (sp)

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Parro
Thanks Chava.  I read many articles today.  Was it a publicity stunt, or are they really serious?  My thought, publicity stunt.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Chava
Traffic flows much better without them  They have been 'removed' before. They've been on strike before. They do nothing but extort $ from drivers for 'infractions' that don't exist.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Infohiker
I think crime will go down.  That's what happened the last time they were out of service (for about a year).

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Parro
It's been strangely quiet for a week in Guerrero, which is good.

Another journalist was killed in Taxco on the 28, September.

Journalist 1

Journalist 2

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Chava
Things are not getting reported in at least one local paper.......

It's not as quiet as it appears.

https://www.elsoldeacapulco.com.mx/policiaca/

http://www.lorealdeguerrero.com/category/lo-de-hoy/

And the Novedades hasn't had anything in days to report

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Infohiker
LorealdeGuerrero is my go-to.  Its short on details, but it is pretty current on body count.  Also their FB page gets a fair amount of comments, sometimes is useful.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Parro
Infohiker and Chava, thank you.

This is very helpful to me - I appreciate your help keeping this topic updated!

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

Parro
Today, five dismembered bodies were reported and found in Chilpancingo Market.  The truck, with the bodies, was towed to those in power.

Young woman was shot in the town center of Acapulco, a man was executed in Chilapa de Alvarez was executed, another was assassinated in Tepecoachuilco and two men are killed in Zumpango Del Rio.

A female human head was found this past week in the Progresso neighborhood, in Acapulco.  Another executed man was found in the La Maquina neighborhood of Cayaco, Acapulco.

Chava & Infohiker are correct, it is not quiet in Guerrero. It' beyond sad.

warning:  GRAPHIC VIOLENCE

source:  https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=https://www.lorealdeguerrero.com/&prev=search

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

Chava
The place where the young woman's head was found is just a skip and a jump away from the new guy's office that we've spoken about who supposedly doesn't own the home overlooking the bay.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

Chava
This post was updated on .
So, AMLO was in town today (Acapulco)

I don't have time to transfer right now, so anyone else feel free.

https://www.elsoldeacapulco.com.mx/local/habra-trato-especial-para-guerrero-amlo-presidente-morena-elecciones-federal-2043487.html

The gist of the article:

There will be special treatment for Guerrero: AMLO
The president-elect of Mexico, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, said that during his administration and will coordinate with the governor and mayors to resolve the issue of insecurity

EDIT with google translate:

The president-elect of Mexico, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, said there will be special treatment for the state of Guerrero during his administration and will coordinate with the governor and mayors to resolve the issue of insecurity that prevails in most municipalities of this entity.

In an interview, after leading a meeting with state officials, local deputies, federal and aldermen, Lopez Obrador, pronounced in favor of the single state command so that this measure can help reduce violence suffered by Guerrero and in particular, Acapulco
"We are going to pay special attention to Guerrero, you know how much affection I have for this State and love with love is paid, we are going to live up to the circumstances, and it hurts because I know there is insecurity, poverty, inequality, to give priority to the poorest and most humble people, "he said.

Lopez Obrador, insisted that from December 1, his government will put main attention to the issue of insecurity that Guerrero suffers, for this, he said will coordinate with the mayors and the governor, to give positive results and reduce crime.
He also announced that the Federal Health Secretariat will be established in Acapulco and the Tourism Tianguis will continue to be itinerant, so that other cities have the opportunity to organize it, although in the end it will always return home.

On the subject of the field, he said that he will support with free fertilizer all the farmers and producers of Guerrero, so that they re-plant and besides self-consumption generate profits through some business.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

Chava

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

Parro
Thanks Chava.

Well the women's head might been a skip and a jump from our friend's unowned home, he moved up, so was supposed.  Was the head a message? or was it fate?  who knows.

As far as AMLO.  I'm glad the he acknowledged special affection for Guerrero and Acapulco without our friend being in the middle of the background scene.  Free fertilizer to the farmers, mango, avocado, poppy, etc.  Who knows.  AMLO was not the public speaker I thought him to be, but it seems he cares.

We'll see if he can deal with the complex problem that is Guerrero and especially Acapulco.  Thanks for sharing and best wishes to the future of your home, as well Infohiker.

As Elton John said, "Shine the light, shine the light . . . . Philadelphia Freedom"!

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

Chava
Parro, a LOT of bad deeds occur in the Progreso area....more than I can count. I think it's more of a "right under your noses" type of thing, many times.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

Chava
This post was updated on .
No surprise here, Acapulco is financially broke (every outgoing mayor steals whatever is left on the way out the door, leaving the incoming mayor with no money to pay for anything) --- and now we'll see strikes, street blockades, etc. There will be people coming out of the woodwork as well who have never worked at some places, demanding to be paid as well. *sigh* Buckle up Acapulco.

https://suracapulco.mx/2018/10/04/informo-adela-roman-a-lopez-obrador-que-acapulco-esta-quebrado-financieramente/

EDIT: Just saw this....again, not a big surprise, and not unusual.

https://novedadesaca.mx/persona-100-tarjetas-nomina-roman/

Mayor Adela Román Ocampo pointed out that only one person of the City Council was detected 100 payroll cards of the named "aviators", so they will proceed legally; She also said that after being an "open wound" the massacre of the university students in 1968, eight streets away from Acapulco, the name Gustavo Díaz Ordaz will be removed.

After attending the meeting held by President-elect Andrés Manuel López Obrador with the governor of Guerrero, Hector Astudillo Flores, she mentioned that the issue of "those who charge without working" has been addressed promptly and it is suspected that they will find more.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

El_Bujo
Makes you wonder when a drug lord such as Mayo is capable of saving a town like Acapulco from ruin.

No surprise they are bankrupt; the gov did nothing to stop the continuing crime wave that drove away all of the tourism.

Ol’ Frankie Blue Eyes (Sinatra) is probably shedding a tear right now...

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico, La Tequilero girlfriend caught in Jalisco

Parro
This post was updated on .
https://www.reforma.com/aplicacioneslibre/preacceso/articulo/default.aspx?id=1510360&sc=672&urlredirect=https://www.reforma.com/aplicaciones/articulo/default.aspx?id=1510360&sc=672

From Reforma, there was a big question some time back whether Raybal Jacobo, la Tequilero, was killed.  It has been reported in the last couple of days, that his girlfriend has been captured in Jalisco.  He is/was the head of the Los Tequileros.  Hopefully we'll find out something from the girlfriend.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico Lawlessness/Impunity

Parro
This post was updated on .
Guerrero reported to be the most lawless state in Mexico, second place honors, goes to Baja California Sur.

mexico states rule of law index The darker the color the worse the ranking.
World Justice Project study finds weak rule of law in all 32 states

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico Lawlessness/Impunity

Chava
Former Acapulco mayor gets a bunch of amparos against arrest since leaving office at the end of September......

https://www.elsoldeacapulco.com.mx/local/se-ampara-evodio-velazquez-para-evitar-detencion-acapulco-ayuntamiento-prd-2103419.html

Quick google translate:

/ WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2018
Evodio Velázquez protects himself to avoid detention

The amparo was promoted by the also former state prosecutor, Xavier Olea Peláez, who serves as his lawyer.

Celso Castro Castro
The former mayor, Evodio Velázquez Aguirre, filed an amparo to avoid being arrested by 68 authorities, due to the well-founded fear of being taken to prison for alleged mismanagement of public resources.

According to the information that was obtained, since Velázquez Aguirre has not been able to locate him, the amparo was also promoted by the former state prosecutor, Xavier Olea Peláez, who serves as his lawyer.

The decision to seek federal protection is due to the fact that former mayor Velázquez Aguirre was informed that Governor Hector Astudillo Flores allegedly ordered that he be investigated for the accusations against him because of mismanagement of public resources.

In addition, circle that before concluding its period like municipal president, they looked for federal police to apprehend it, but to enjoy of privilege it was not fulfilled with the order.

Therefore, he appealed to the Sixteenth District Court, with his lawyer and obtained an amparo, which prevents the 68 authorities that could prosecute him against arrest.

And a tweet made a few hours ago by the former mayor:
Evodio Velázquez Aguirre
3 hours ago
Given the rumor that has spread in social networks of a supposed arrest against me, I want to clarify that it is absolutely false. I am calm and I continue with my personal and political life in public events. I call those who generate this dirty war to stop with this theme of denostation that does not pay anything to the social and political balance.
1234567 ... 15