2018/2019 Guerrero in Mexico

123456 ... 10

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico, Los Rojos

Parro
I've searched all the web regarding these guys.  They splintered off of BLO after Arturo went away and basically run the Chilpancingo area of Guerrero and also run Morelos.  This was a lot of confusion it appears between 2012 and 2014 based on people thinking this was the "Los Rojas" of Tamaulipas who was part of the Gulf Cartel.  The Los Rojos in Guerrero are call the "Reds".

Here is a link with good footage, be patient until about 70% through, then you'll see the Guerrero Los Rojos pop up on the screen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWbFLJD_1OQ

The best information I could find, was right here on BB, by Itzel and Bjeff.

Itzel publish a family tree of the cartels.  I hope there is an updated one, since I'm scratching out and adding so many names.  http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/Noteable-Cartel-Members-td4079259.html#a4082298

BJeff created a family tree, that I'm having trouble drudging back up.  Anyway more to come on these murderers.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico, Los Rojos, "El Raton" captured

Parro
A month ago on 8/21/18 -

They capture "El Ratón", alleged leader of "Los Rojos"

José Humberto "N", was arrested in the municipality of Chilapa, Guerrero and is accused of the crime of homicide.

Drafting - Tabasco TODAY
0
They capture "El Ratón", alleged leader of "Los Rojos"

(Twitter FGE Guerrero)
21/08/2018 22:45 / Chilpancingo, Guerrero

Elements of the ministerial police of the Attorney General of Guerrero arrested in the municipality of Chilapa José Humberto "N", alias "El Ratón", alleged leader of "Los Rojos" and for the crime of qualified homicide.

"El Ratón" with the criminal group of Chilpancingo tries to control the municipality of Chilapa, in which the group of "Los Ardillos" predominates.

The arrest warrant is based on the judicial file CJ-78/2018 against José Humberto "N", who will be placed at the disposal of the Control Judge. Also investigates its probable participation in other crimes, for that reason the Attorney General of Guerrero made a call to the citizenship to go before the social representation and denounce that person if they recognize it for having committed some other illicit, or call without cost to the Call Center 018008327692.

The group of "The Reds" has tried to penetrate the municipality of Chilapa and displace the group of "The Ardillos", this confrontation has led to high rates of violence in a municipality that was considered one of the quietest in the state, detailed the Office of the Prosecutor .

DeeLucky1 has got it right, Los Rojos and Ardillos are at war.  Note that this is not El Raton of Medellin who was busted in Spain.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico, Los Rojos, Cqrtel del Sur vs. Rojas

Parro
This post was updated on .
Narcomanta offers 4 million pesos for 'Los Rojos' in Chilpancingo Facebook Whatsapp Twitter Google + Email By Alejandro Ortiz, 2016-08-27 12:05 Chilpancingo, Guerrero.- A blanket with message of alleged criminals was placed at the entrance of the market Baltazar R Leyva Mancilla de Chilpancigo, in which they offer up to four million pesos for information on leaders of the Los Rojos criminal group. According to information from the state police, the report of the blanket was received at four o'clock in the morning that was hung on the pedestrian bridge of the supply center. The message read: "REWARD! To whoever delivers, captures or gives information about where these blemishes are. These are responsible for the whole wave of violence that has hit the capital, are kidnappers, extortionists, charge fees. Citizenship, do not be fooled, point them out ". $ 2,000,000.00 By Zenén Nava El Chaparro. $ 1,000,000.00 Per Candido Nava Millán El Japo. $ 1,000,000.00 By Jesús García Catalán El Lobo. In the blanket, there are also four other people whose names are not described and who read "these are not worth more than 300 pesos". The blanket was confiscated by the state police. In another incident, during the middle of the night, in the PRI neighborhood, a dead man was found with visible signs of torture, a crime that was attributed to the criminal group Cártel del Sur. Next to the body was a cardboard with a message that said: "this will happen to all the grasshoppers, Lovo and Japo and the fucking extortionists. I'm going to cut off one leg and one hand and the kidnapper dogs floor, to the cock. Att. Those of the South ". The victim who has not been identified was transferred to the Forensic Medical Service (Semefo) of Chilpancingo.

The original text of this article was published by BajoPalabra at the following address: https://bajopalabra.com.mx/narcomanta-ofrece-4-millones-de-pesos-por-los-rojos-en-chilpancingo

Going to that source, you will find the mante from Del Sur along with the dead body's legs where the poster was found.  Even though a month ago, looks like not only the Ardillos, but Cartel Del Sur going after Los Rojos.  Seems they have pissed some folks off.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

Infohiker
As much as I like to see that the Federal govt is taking an interest, this program won't do shit, I fear.
Acapulco has been working on a renovation since 2012....new sidewalks, redid the costera, the zocalo, various parks, plazas, cleaned up the beaches, all new stamped concrete roads around la Quebrada.  They have a whole master plan that is only about a third of the way done.

Meanwhile the killings, the extortion, the closing of business and the flight of "respectable" citizens to other parts of Mexico continues.   There is little or no new businesses opening up in the city.   People are scared to do so, because they know they will get charged a cuota.   There are established businesses playing multiple cuotas to different groups.

All while 7-8 different security forces stand around doing next to nothing.  The Marines, the navy, Federales, gendarmerias, State, Municipal, Tourist, Viales.  All useless.   The security of the costera road (the tourist part of the city) failed years ago.  Shootouts, burned cars, dumped bodies and parts, assassinations happen all up and down the main drag, all hours of the day and night.  Tourists are getting hurt and sometimes killed.

I don't care how much they clean up the tourist area.  When multiple murders are a daily event, and the news of this is readily and continually available in every country in the world, international tourists don't come.   And the Chilangos who have taken up the slack?  Will drop off too.  The decline of ampola in the hills (caused by fentanyl pushing prices down) has now led the cash-poor, gun rich groups to start preying on cars on the federal highway.   So just getting to Acapulco gets harder and more dangerous every day.

Re: Guerrero in Mexico

Infohiker
Parro wrote
It is sad in Guerrero.  I was the only gringo there for a week.
I am down there all the time.  I always see a few, at least on the Costera.   I get funky looks when I go out of the city though.  I joke that I am a lightbulb in the dark.

I will be honest, I like the city better with few Americans.  If I wanted a Cancun vibe, I would go there.

Re: Guerrero in Mexico

Parro
Agree, Cancun is not for me as well.

First time in Acapulco, many years ago, I came down from Juarez.  Nearing Acapulco, I stopped in a barrio.

People cooking in a paint can, an old woman carrying a load of wood on her back.  It was just too much.  When I dropped in the bay area and saw the wealth and glamor of what was then, I wanted out of there.  Too much suffering around a place of, no other word to say it, debauchery.

That's when I pulled the map out and decided if I could get to Villahermosa on dirt roads and leave Acapulco behind.  I did, until recently.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

El_Bujo
@infohiker

Why do you suppose the authorities and military are being complacent while the violence continues to terrorize the community?

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

Parro
El Bujo, I know this question was asked of Infohiker, but since he has not responded and I have more news on Guerrero that I would like to get out, at least by tomorrow, my thought about the security questions you ask;

1)  silver or lead, which we know about
2)  non-competitive wages for security forces, allowing easier corruption
3)  government appointments on certain governmental positions
4)  bribery
5)  incompetence
6)  and finally the drugs theirselves.  It would be interesting to see the panel testing of the enforcement agencies

We need to remember that the Zetas, even el Mencho, were ex-cops or military.  They are seduced by the money, lifestyle, etc.  The weakest that are lured in, become the strongest in other terms.  Power corrupts and corruption is power, sad to say.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - Guerreros Unidos

Parro
When Beltran Leyva Organization (BLO) splintered into (7) groups, which one emerged, Guerreros Unidos (GU).  They are dedicated mainly to extortion and kidnapping, but also traffic drugs to USA.

Here is a timeline;

2009 - death of Arturo Beltran leyva (BLO)

2009 - Guerrero Unidas founded by Mario Cassarrubias Salgado, "El Sapo Guapo" and part of BLO security team

2009 - Co-founder is Cleotilde Toribio Renteria, "El Tilde", who was a member of the hit squad for BLO  operative, "La Barbie"

2011 - first public appearance by GU- a triple homicide in Morelos

2012 - GU carried out several high-profile attacks on bars in Morelos.  5 dead, 15 wounded

2012 - GU send scicarios, disguised as doctors to assassinate the leader of Los Rojos, while he was recovering from another assassination attempt.

2012 - Los Rojos and GU increases in violence in Morelos and Guerrero

2012  - El Tilde arrested in Mexico City

2014 - El Sapo Guapo captured

2014 - GU has 22 gunmen killed in a battle with the Mexican army

2014 - 43 students detained in Iguala by local police, handed over to Guerrero Unidos, who presumably murdered these students and burned their bodies

2014 - Due to high profile case of the 43, security operations were intensified against GU.  "El Sapo Guapo"s brother, El Chino and others

2014 - El Benjamon killed himself after surrounded by the army

News regarding this group, significantly dropped.  Leadership is questioned with some saying El Chino, El Molon (former brother in law of mayor of Iguala) and an operative named El Chucky.

2015 - Maria de los Angeles Pineda, the wife of the former mayor of Iguala, was identified as a leader of the group

Main enemies;  Los Rojos, Familia Michoacana, Knights Templar and the Insurgent People's Revolutionary Army, after the killing of the 43.

The group allegedly was spending close to $45,000/mo. to pay off local people in the the municipality of Iguala alone.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

Infohiker
Parro wrote
1)  silver or lead, which we know about
2)  non-competitive wages for security forces, allowing easier corruption
3)  government appointments on certain governmental positions
4)  bribery
5)  incompetence
6)  and finally the drugs theirselves.  It would be interesting to see the panel testing of the enforcement agencies
Parro has the broad strokes correct.   But there are some other factors in play.

One is that some of the local police forces are in it for themselves.  As in there are some elements which I wont mention that are literal criminals, performing their own regular extortions and murders.   They are their own group.  I understand the low wages/corruption, but it is more than that.  These guys came in corrupt, and are only there for the cover it gives their operations.

Self-serving/lack of communication.  These security forces do not work together.   I know that the municipal police had detained certain members involved from the big shootout a few years back.  The Federales were running the investigations.  The municipal cops wanted the credit, and sat on them for two days, so timely intel was not collected.

Lack of training.  For the most part, these forces are not suited to the environment, and are not familiar with the population (rotated often to prevent corruption).  There is little detective work, its all reactive.  They leave large parts of the city unpatrolled.  When they go in, it is a sledgehammer used to kill a fly, who is usually long gone.

The police forces are antiquated.  There is no computer modeling, no shot mapping, no clear intel. Israel donated several hundred thousand dollars of cameras, they were never installed.

Wrong priorites. The city is not being so much terrorized by drugs as it is extortion.  This is the cause the the worst violence among innocents.  You open a business, you will start getting messages in a matter of hours telling what you need to pay.   Doesn't matter if you are a big club or a one man barbershop.  Your choices are pay, leave the city with your family, or die.   There is no other options.

And for all the above mentioned, they are missing the thing they need most - trust.  No-one tells them shit, even anonymously.  The system is broken, and they feel it is an automatic death sentence.  I don't blame them.

I don't think that the Federal govt is complacent.  And I think there are some good elements in both the police force, and the government.  They are just too few

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Parro
Infohiker - thanks for your insights, definitely paints a more detailed picture.

Lets talk about the Ardillos.  I saw their tags last month on the outskirts of Acapulco.  I've been taught on this forum, the raging war between the Ardillos ("squirrels"), Los Rojos, Guerrero Unidas  and the Independent Cartel of Acapulco.

The Ardillos, are another cartel born out the BLO break up.  They are made of (2) brothers, Celso "La Ardilla" Ortega Jimenez.  I've had some difficulty in picking up more information on the other brother, but one other brother is Bernardo Jimenez, former president of the congress in Guerrero, imagine that.

The Ardillos bastion of power resides in Tlanicuilulco, municipality of Quechultenango.  The have been involved in child sexual molestation, extortion and drugs.

On 1/25/2016, 32 bodies and 9 severed heads were found in Guerrero.  This people were assumed to be victims of the cartel infighting.  More on the Ardillos later.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Infohiker
I don't know much about them, except they traditionally have operated north of Acapulco.  I do believe they predate the BLO breakup, however.   The first mentions I remember of them were back in 08, and they had a pretty significant presence by then in the center of the state.  But who knows for sure.  I think the blanket BLO-cell tag suffices for most of the operators in the state.

It just frustrates me that the destruction of one cartel could lead to so much collateral damage.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Parro
Infohiker, I've gone back and looked at everything I could find, and it appears the Ardillos came out of the BLO break up for sure.

Can anyone tell me about Los Jefes?  They appear to be the successor to Los Rojos, but I'm catching bits and pieces about both groups and they seem separate. Can anyone tell me about this?

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Infohiker

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Chava
Marines take control of the Secretary of Security Dept. in Acapulco

https://guerrero.quadratin.com.mx/toma-marina-el-control-de-la-secretaria-de-seguridad-de-acapulco/

ACAPULCO, Gro., September 25, 2018.- Members of the Secretariat of the Navy and ministerial police took control of the Public Security Secretariat (SSP) of the port, although the causes of the intervention have not been known until now. Minutes before 11 o'clock in the morning, a convoy of sailors arrived at the premises of the unit located in the Progreso neighborhood, surrounded the place with their vans and kept inside the municipal police, who were disarmed in the courtyard of the barracks. On the roofs of the premises near the building you can see ministerial police and Navy agents watching the area. There are also filters in the adjoining streets to check each person who leaves. In addition a helicopter flies over the place.

Outside the Secretariat was Secretary Max Lorenzo Sedano Romano, who was taken into the building by sailors. It was learned that there are five commanders of the Municipal Police detained, but this has been confirmed.

Google translate and appropriate link back.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Chava
Another Acapulco publication (google translate, no clean up)

ACAPULCO, GUERRERO.- The Guerrero Coordination Group implemented an intervention operation in the Public Security Secretariat of Acapulco, due to the suspicion of probable infiltration of criminal groups in it.

SEDENA, SEMAR, Federal Police, Federal State Prosecutor's Office and State Police participated in this operation, who carried out disarmament work with municipal police and verified personnel, weapons, ballistic vests, cartridges and communication radios, which were under the protection of the State.

The elements of the Mexican Army, Secretariat of the Navy and the Ministerial Police of the Attorney General's Office proceeded in this joint action in a coordinated manner and with full respect for human rights and due process.

The State Attorney General's Office executed two arrest warrants against Luis Fernando "N" alias El Fénix and Brayan Antonio "N" alias El Brayan for their probable responsibility in the crime of homicide, who, until now, serve as commanders operatives of the Public Security Secretariat of the Acapulco City Council. The other members of this corporation are subject to investigation.

The spokesman for the Guerrero Coordination Group, Roberto Álvarez Heredia, informed that all municipal police officers will be evaluated and submitted to tests of confidence control, as established by the regulations on the matter.

In as much, the PGR and the FGE will carry out the corresponding diligences and investigations to delindar responsibilities.

The citizens of Acapulco are informed that the safety and protection of the municipality will be in charge of the Public Security Secretariat of the State with the support of SEDENA, SEMAR and Federal Police.

The decision implemented by the Guerrero Coordination Group was due to the increase in the criminal incidence registered in the municipality and the lack of action by the municipal police to confront the criminal phenomenon.

The actions carried out today did not register any incident and it was developed in strict adherence to the law and the corresponding protocol.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

The chatter is saying the detained municipal officers were under the control of CIDA

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Infohiker
Number of detained police is up to 18.

http://www.lorealdeguerrero.com/2018/09/25/la-marina-armada-de-mexico-toma-el-control-de-la-ssp-municipal-de-acapulco/

My previous post of the other day had nothing to do with this, lol.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Chava

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico - the Ardillos

Chava
https://www.elsoldeacapulco.com.mx/local/confirma-ayuntamiento-de-acapulco-operativo-en-la-secretaria-de-seguridad-publica-2022311.html

Confirms City of Acapulco operative in the Ministry of Public Security
Octavio Olea Apátiga assured that Max Lorenzo Sedano Romano is not detained

That part is important!
123456 ... 10