2018/2019 Guerrero in Mexico

1 ... 91011121314

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Parro
No worries, important news.  Got your back Amigo.

On 5/15/2019 at 1:35 PM, "Chava [via Borderland Beat Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you Parro. I've been slacking with the translations lately.

<a target="_blank" href="http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/2018-2019-Guerrero-in-Mexico-tp4102588p4106848.html" onclick="window.open('http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/2018-2019-Guerrero-in-Mexico-tp4102588p4106848.html');return false;">http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/2018-2019-Guerrero-in-Mexico-tp4102588p4106848.html
To unsubscribe from 2018/2019 Guerrero in Mexico, <a target="_blank" href=" onclick="window.open(' false;">click here.
<a style="font:9px serif;" target="_blank" href="http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&amp;id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&amp;base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&amp;breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml" onclick="window.open('http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&amp;id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&amp;base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&amp;breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml');return false;">NAML

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Infohiker
Homicides in Guerrero continue to fall, confirms the Executive Secretary of SNSPP, has fallen 44% from 2018

MEXICO CITY. - In almost 4 years of the term headed by Hector Astudillo Flores, it is confirmed the level of violent homicides in Guerrero has fallen 44%, resulting from the strategies that have been implemented since the first day of this government, it stands out in the data reported in the report of the Executive Secretariat of the National Public Security System.

According to the latest statistics of the executive secretariat of the National Public Security System, in the comparison from April 2018 to April 2019, it was reported that there was reduction of intentional homicides, highlighting Guerrero with a 44% reduction in homicides and 23% in Baja California.

The governor of Guerrero, Hector Astudillo Flores has reiterated his commitment to continue working in coordination with federal and state institutions to ensure the safety of the population and continue to reduce the incidence of crime in the entity.

Other interesting figures that I reveal this report is the considerable increase of some places in the Republic in crime figures, in the first four months of 2019 the figures of homicide / femicide victims grew, with respect to the same period of 2018, in 16 of the 32 Federal entities. Data that were headed by Tabasco with an increase of 81%, Sonora a 50, Chihuahua 49 and Quintana Roo 28, in the increase of criminal incidence. After Morelos is with a rise in homicides of 41.2%; Jalisco with a rebound of 37.4%; Chihuahua with an increase of 34.7% and Mexico City with a growth in murders in 2019 of 33.4%.

The rest of the entities with an increase in the homicidal violence rate in 2019 are the state of Mexico with a growth of 26.2%; Hidalgo with a rise of 24.6%; Guanajuato with 22.3%; Coahuila with 19.9%; Aguascalientes with 15.8%; Querétaro with 8.5%; Michoacán with 3.6%; and Puebla with 1.94%.

https://www.angro.info/single-post/2019/05/21/Homicidios-en-Guerrero-contin%C3%BAan-a-la-baja-confirma-el-Secretariado-Ejecutivo-del-SNSPP-se-redujeron-en-44-respecto-a-2018

Obviously, this appears to be the usual propaganda, but looking specifically at Acapulco, the homicides have started to drop a lot, with April running about 50% down in April, and about 35% less overall this year.   I don't give much credence to "strategies" of the governor, but it could mean that finally a group is solidifying its power....

http://guerrero.semaforo.com.mx/Semaforo/Incidencia .  This is where I am getting my Acapulco murder numbers.

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

My thoughts too that it isn’t the Government’s work or strategy that murders are dropping but rather something else like some group solidifying or maybe some of the dozens of groups eliminated or killed off.Any ideas people?Or which group or groups are gaining in strength.CJNG no?Or do CJNG operate in Guerrero?Which groups might be faltering?Tequileros?Opinions?? That’s quite the drop in the murder rate.Something is going on.

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Tully
Security exppert Alejandro Hope published an editorial precisley on this point this morning.

He begins by noting that April 2019 was the first month in four years homicides were down compared to the year before in Mexico.

He then notes this is almost solely due to the big decrease in homicides in Guerrero lately.

Then he asked why that would be.

He first rules out any new strategy or movement of security forces in the state, since that's been tried over and over and it never worked before in the past.  Plus there's really been nothing new in the security stategy in the state in the last year or so.

He speculates the drop might be due to the drying up of the heroin market, as it's replaced by Fentanyl, mostly made in Asia.  He mentions that the huge drop in the price of heroin has hurt many communities in Guerrero, but that with less production going on, there might be less to fight about and so less violence.

https://www.eluniversal.com.mx/columna/alejandro-hope/nacion/los-homicidios-guerrero-y-el-fentanilo

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Oh that makes total sense.I had forgotten about that.So there’s probably now a lot less hectares grown in poppies now than a year ago?At least the expansion has stopped it sounds like.What groups are left must be fighting over scraps in the ‘piso’ extortion business.Wasn’t it I read on here a year or 2 ago that there were 21 cartels or groups operating in Guerrero?Wonder how many there are now but of course it’s not so black or white and blurred lines when you mention cartels or is it groups of thieves?
H39

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

H39
Relevant article from the guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/02/fentanyl-use-could-end-the-opium-era-in-mexico-the-only-crop-that-paid

the market price for opium in Mexico’s top poppy-growing state, Guerrero, has plummeted from $1,300 a kilo to $200.

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Chava
Interestingly enough, while reading my local paper a couple of weeks ago, I mused to myself that there aren't as many heads rolling in the streets here and thought the same.

There is however, a HUGE pick up in violence being reported in other states which I scan the headlines, and move on.

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Infohiker
The fentanyl issue I think is a contributing factor, but is far from new.   Here is an article from the NY Post from a year ago

https://nypost.com/2018/06/22/mexican-heroin-cannot-escape-the-law-of-supply-and-demand/

Also there was an unsustainable growth of opium plantings from 2015-17 in the face of this substitution, even as the major cartels were already starting to pivot away.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sinaloa-cartel-sending-mexican-herion-to-the-us-2017-11
""Before I cooked some 40 kilos a year," he said. "But now I'm cooking like some 30 kilos a month,"

I also take exception to his "mostly made in china" claim.   The precursor chemicals are all chinese/indian, I know.  But like the meth trade, the cartels have shown themselves willing and able to do the work themselves, and Fentanyl is less difficult to produce in the existing meth labs they have.

https://worldview.stratfor.com/article/mexicos-cartels-find-another-game-changer-fentanyl

I can't say I have the answer for the drop, but while fentanyl was part of it, it doesn't fit with the steep drop of the last 4 months IMO.

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Parro
Mixed news -

Good for Chava/Infohiker, Acapulco and the rest of Guerrero.  About time!

Bad for users in the US - more will die -

Bad for the war in other parts of Mexico, a battle for fentynal production, if this is truly what we are seeing -

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Chava
And then we have this....total lack of respect for authority......Seriously folks? Come on. Can we grow up?

https://lopezdoriga.com/nacional/video-golpean-a-agentes-de-la-policia-turistica-en-acapulco/

Re: 2019 Guerrero Women stay Strong

Parro
Source:  https://www.msf.org/life-amidst-violence-strong-women-guerrero-mexico

In this article by Doctor's without Borders, we see women struggling to make ends meet due to the violence in the region.  They only want to work their fields, help a pregnant cow and be with family.  They are all taken away, but wait for the cartel wars to end, to go back to their love, the fields.

Hopefully, one day

Re: 2019 Guerrero Women stay Strong

Parro

Source: https://sintesisdeguerrero.com.mx/2019/06/13/lo-asesinan-en-zihuatanejo/

Can't read the blanket, but appears maybe that Zihaut is La Familia, attention Los Granados (Aguila).  Any help is welcome.

Zihuatanejo, Gro., June 12, 2019.- A man without life, with a narco message, was abandoned near the Colegio Zihuatanejo (CIE), on the Costa Grande. The official report indicates that, approximately at 12:10 this Wednesday, the emergency number 911 was alerted that men aboard a taxi abandoned a man's body and on the side a message written on a piece of cardboard. To the place went state and municipal elements, who confirmed the homicide. The man between 20 and 30 years old wore a pink Polo shirt with white stripes, denim jeans, brown shoes. Experts of the State Attorney General's Office (FGE), carried out the legal proceedings. Afterwards, the body was transferred to the facilities of the funeral parlor "Del Pacifíco", qualified as a Forensic Medical Service (Semefo), for the corresponding necropsy. Hours later, relatives identified the corpse, who in life responded to the name of Francisco Arturo "N", 26 years old. (Journalistic Research Agency)
«Assassinated in Zihuatanejo» was originally published in: https://sintesisdeguerrero.com.mx/2019/06/13/lo-asesinan-en-zihuatanejo/ by Síntesis del Trópico, editor of Síntesis de Guerrero thanks your interest in our items, however; This content is protected by law. If you cite it, please mention the source and link to the original note from where you took it. All Rights Reserved Síntesis del Trópico © 2019.

Re: 2019 Guerrero

Parro

In Guerrero, the Civil Protection director of Zitlala, Alejandro Godínez Hernández, was shot dead on Saturday morning in Chilpancingo, the capital of that municipality in the central area of the state.

The body was located at 7:30 am, near the facilities of the municipal DIF. So far it is unknown how the facts occurred.

Alejandro Godínez is the second municipal official killed so far in the current administration headed by Mayor Rogelio Ramos Tecorral, because on December 30, 2018 they killed the director of Public Security, Arturo Grande Corraltitlán, along with a commander of that corporation.

With information from Quadratín

Re: 2019 Guerrero

Parro
Old news/New news;

First from 10 months ago -

Johnny Hurtado - an introduction by a norte corrido band from Guerrero to get the feel of the countryside where we can't go into anymore easily, great tuba playing and a glimpse into the mystique that surrounds Johnny Hurtado, paste the following link into your browser and skip through the ads, enjoy the music.

https://youtu.be/1zw-zoh3HXA

Johnny Hurtado Olascoaga has several nicknames, all are aquatic:  "El Senor Pescado", "El Pez", "El Mojarro", "El Fish" and "El Pescado".  Rest assured, he is not a fisherman or a sailor. As Itzil said, he remains a force in Guerrero, even though he started with La Familia in Michoacan.

Around November 2012, Johnny's father was arrested in Arcadia, Ulbaldo Hurtado.  So we see that Johnny didn't have much of a father figure.  He was in possession of a rifle, a magazine, 10 rounds of ammunition, a vehicle and a grenade launcher.  This 40 mm caliber grenade launcher with armor piercing capabilities and was recorded with two engravings, the : "I remember your friend Nazario Moreno FM, December 25,2005" and "Commander Ubaldo Hurtado".

On July 1,2014, Jose' Maria Chavez Magana "El Pony", leader of La Familia in the state of Mexico, was captured in Guanajuato and subsequently Jose de Jesus Mendez "El Chango" was captured .  Johnny Hurtado took control of the organization and began his revenge with the support of "El Mencho" and the CJNG.  "El Pescado" agreed with CJNG, to rise up in the hot zone, Tierra Cliente.

It all began with the Beltran Leyva cartel, but since its decline, the fragmentation began.  The Knights Templar ran into hard times, they renamed theirselves La Nueva Familia Michoacana with their armed wing, Los Troyanos. The rest of the cartel aligned with Johnny, who went under the banner of La Familia Michoacana.  Johnny now had control mainly in the south part of Michoacan, the north in Guerrero and an unspecified part of the State of Mexico. His main trade was heroin.  One of his top gunmen, Raybel Jacobo de Almonte, aka "El Tequialero" split off and started the Los Tequileros.  Another group that splintered out of the Beltran-Leyva organization is Los Rojos, who we will look into, on future posts.

Mexico provides more than 90 percent of the USA heroin.  In just 2003, it was just 10 percent.  Guerrero produces more than half of Mexico's opium poppies, the base ingredient for heroin.

Although Guerrero was the most violent state in Mexico for 2017 with more than 2,200 killings, Guerrero is no more the most violent state.  That honor passed this year to Colima, the Baja, and Guanajuato.  Many believe this is due to the crash in poppy prices, and the use of fentanyl in lieu of the poppy, for the production of heroin.  The gangs in Guerrero are approximate 50 in number now, which the smallest gang, being just 3 people.

Back in 2013 it is stated that Johnny got busted, sources in the State of Mexico confirmed it, but then they remained silent.  Efforts, thus far, have been fruitless to find this news.

There is current award (March 24,2016)  of 3,000,000 pesos for the capture of Johnny, about USD $175,000.  Not much for a character that appears often in the top 12 wanted in Mexico.

Whether Johnny makes his base of operations in Pungarabato or Arcelia, is debatable.

More to follow

WELL MORE TO FOLLOW IT IS:

Johnny Hurtado "La Pez", the fish, sponsored the graduating ceremonies in Arcelio.  From Mexico Daily New this past week:

Re: 2019 Guerrero

Parro

Read above, in previous post

Re: 2019 Guerrero - Utah couple killed, kids in back

Parro

Re: 2019 Guerrero - Utah couple killed, kids in back

Parro

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Chubby214
This video goes into detail about who is fighting who in Guerrero. Lots of mini cartels formed by remnants of the BLO

https://youtu.be/sr2QQBwEnXo
H39

Re: 2018/2019 Guerrero in Mexico

H39
The men in the trucks are members of the United Front of Community Police of Guerrero State, better known by its Spanish acronym of FUPCEG. Tonight FUPCEG’s shock troops are on their way to assault the nearby town of El Naranjo, which is currently held by the forces of an organized crime group called the Cartel del Sur.

An article about vigilantes in Guerrero:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/in-mexico-vigilante-armies-are-fighting-drug-cartels-but-whose-side-are-they-really-on

Re: 2019 Guerrero - Utah couple killed, kids in back

Chava
Traveling at that hour - first mistake. Anyone and everyone knows better. Still disgusting.

Also, that checkpoint is a well known check point. YOU STOP AT THAT ONE. ALWAYS.

1 ... 91011121314