2018/2019 Guerrero in Mexico

1 ... 891011121314

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico Lawlessness/Impunity

Chava
Time to try to bring this thread back to life

And after 4 months mas o menos

https://www.elsoldeacapulco.com.mx/local/renuncia-giovanni-mejia-olguin-a-la-ssp-municipal-adela-roman-acapulco-seguridad-violencia-noticia-hoy-adela-roman-ayuntamiento-3185940.html

To four months that the secretary of municipal Public Security was appointed, Giovanni Raúl Mejía Olguín, this will resign to the position.

Also, the owners in the different directions of the police corporation, will also retire, which were appointed on November 5, 2018.

According to official sources, Mejía Olguín was asked to resign by the mayor, Adela Román Ocampo, and this Friday she will hand over the command of the police corporation.

It was reported that members of Cabildo, demanded the police chief present the plan and strategy to combat crime for this municipality, before the escalation of violence that continues to register in the port, such as robberies and homicides.

Together with the holder of the municipal SSP, the General Director of the Municipal Preventive Police, José Antonio Vargas Venancio, will be retired; of the Urban Preventive Police and will assume the position, Miguel Ángel Vargas Miranda.

Also, like the director of the Road Police, José Luis López Hernández; of the Auxiliary Preventive Police, José Luis Lucero Arias and the Director of Tourist Protection and Assistance, Jonathan Job Moran Lazcano.

While, in the Police and Traffic Academy, Ismael Benítez Arteaga, and in the direction of Emergency Urban Care, Diego Jair González Vallejo.

Mejía Olguín, is a Federal Police of the area of investigation, who was approved by council at the proposal of the mayor, Adela Román Ocampo.

On September 25, La Marina, in coordination with the Army and other corporations that make up the Guerrero Coordination Group, took control of the municipal Public Security Secretariat, where they also detained two officers implicated in crimes and "suspicion exists" of probable infiltration of criminal groups in it.

Google translate with no clean up.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico Lawlessness/Impunity

Infohiker
Car bomb set off about 45 minutes north of Acapulco - this taken from a reddit post

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Authorities in the southern Mexico state of Guerrero are investigating an apparent car bombing that caused no injuries, but damaged seven vehicles in a rural town.

Guerrero state security spokesman Roberto Alvarez said in a statement Wednesday that investigators determined a gas cylinder had been rigged inside the vehicle that exploded in the town of Xaltianguis, about an hour's drive north of Acapulco.

Local media said the explosion occurred near offices of a local community defense force.

Violence has occurred sporadically between competing vigilante-like local police forces that have armed themselves against drug cartels.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46524319/suspected-car-bomb-in-southern-mexico-injures-none

CIUDAD DE MÉXICO (AP) — Las autoridades del estado de Guerrero investigan un presunto coche bomba que estalló el miércoles sin dejar heridos pero que causó daños a siete vehículos en una localidad rural.

El portavoz de seguridad estatal Roberto Álvarez indicó que los investigadores determinaron que un cilindro de gas fue instalado al interior del vehículo que estalló en la localidad de Xaltianguis, a una hora por carretera al norte de Acapulco.

La explosión ocurrió cerca de las oficinas de un grupo local de autodefensas, según reportes de la prensa local.

Se han registrado episodios esporádicos de violencia entre los grupos locales de autodefensas, compuestos por residentes armados que se organizan para combatir a los cárteles del narcotráfico.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/espanol/news/article/Presunto-coche-bomba-en-el-sur-de-Mexico-no-hay-13740211.php

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico Lawlessness/Impunity

Infohiker
The post says an hour, but I travel north of there (to Tierra Colorada) a lot, and it is about an hour max from the bay of Acapulco.   This location is south of that, and closer to the city.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico Lawlessness/Impunity

Chava
I'm assuming you go 95D (toll road) to TC - which is still about an hour unless you drive like a devil.

To get to this location, you'd realistically go 95, which puts it over an hour.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico Lawlessness/Impunity

Chava
The father and son who were arrested for the murder of the businessman Cesar Zambrano November 4, 2018 were finally set free because there were "no elements to proceed."

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico Lawlessness/Impunity

Parro
Justice finally for the father and son. Good news! They should never had to serve any time.  So the killers were probably in the government or the government was paid.

Thanks Chava

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico Lawlessness/Impunity

Chava
This post was updated on .
And you would be hard pressed to find the story about them being released. If I hadn't seen it in my local paper, I would not have known. It was a very small article, buried.....literally.

After much searching, I found this:

https://noticieros.televisa.com/ultimas-noticias/acusados-de-asesinato-en-guerrero-en-realidad-fueron-secuestrados/

and

http://www.redesdelsur.com.mx/2016/index.php/seguridad-y-justicias/45693-caso-de-presuntos-homicidas-de-zambrano-esta-en-los-tribunales

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Parro
Buenos Noches, Guerrero watchers, especially Chava/Infohiker.

First justice, thanks Chava for keeping up the digging on Cesar Zambano.  You gave me closure there and I thank you and am relieved that justice is served.

Secondly, there are many indirect victims of the violence in Acapulco, but they have a way out if they seek it.

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Parro

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Chava

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Chava
I think these were the two in Chilapa.

https://www.lorealdeguerrero.com.mx/2019/05/04/89735/

Today's paper did say that the family managed to get the bodies.

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Parro
https://www.thedailybeast.com/is-acapulco-safe-the-mexican-government-wants-you-to-think-so?ref=scroll

Chava, surely don't want to offend Mexico lovers, especially me, but the above article speaks to the situations befalling Acapulco recently.  Interesting to note, is Ixptla's warning on the news out of Guerrero and the abundance thereof for subject matter.  The house of mirrors that is Mexico, that exist while someone is executed, while the others promote the destination, etc..

We've seen the familial promotion, the privileged appointees, the anarchist, brutal murders, extortion and so on. What should be heaven on earth, is forbidden ground now.

We could publish each day the atrocities that is Guerrero, especially Acapulco.  Best wishes amigo.

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Chava

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Parro
Chava, your story.

This was the arrest of the alleged killer of Cuernavaca

On Wednesday morning a man, identified as Maximiliano "H", fired on a group of demonstrators and journalists who were in the Plaza de Armas in the center of Cuernavaca, Morelos, leaving two people dead and two injured.

The moment of his arrest was recorded and uploaded to social networks. The images show how the subject is arrested near the Plazuela del Zacate and secured on the floor. Minutes later, he is transferred to the Government Palace, escorted by two policemen.

On their way, journalists and onlookers questioned the suspect about the reasons for the attack; however, they did not get an answer.
The events happened around 9 in the morning. In other images, we observe the moment when the shooting began, which took place when the media interviewed the Secretary of Social Development of the state, Gilberto Alcalá.

Relatives of Roberto Castrejón Jr., leader of the Confederation of Mexican Workers (CTM) in Morelos, confirmed his death after the shooting. Previously, after the armed attack, state authorities reported the death of Jesús García, alias "Don Chuy", leader of a group of merchants.

The spokesman for the government of Morelos, Francisco Reyes Olvera. He added that there is the hypothesis of a possible second shooter, so that the analysis of the video surveillance cameras is carried out.

TO SEE THE VIDEO, GO TO CHAVA'S VIDEO.

Not Guerrero, but close enough

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Chava
Thanks Parro for the translation

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Chava

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Parro
* The attack against the club promoter occurred in the middle of the Costera, before hundreds of people who come to visit the Acapulco nightclubs

ACAPULCO.- Before hundreds of people, armed men attacked with bullets a man of short stature identified as Jesus "N", better known by the nickname of "El Rambo", who worked as promoter of clubs in the area of ​​La Condesa , on the coastal avenue "Miguel Alemán", being seriously wounded, but when he was taken to receive medical attention he died.
According to the first police reports, the events took place at the end of 00:00 hours, outside the well-known disco "Disco Beach", at the time when that person was doing his job, when suddenly several subjects arrived and the they shot.
Immediately police and traffic police arrived, securing the area of ​​the facts, but seeing that the man was alive, immediately could the intervention of paramedics of the Red Cross.
The victim was taken by ambulance to the general hospital of El Quemado, but on the way he died.

Chava, another translation here - you're right, disgusting.  A waste of someone who was only handing out brochures, and in front of a lot of people.  Sad.

Thank you Parro. I've been slacking with the translations lately.

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Chava
https://www.elsoldeacapulco.com.mx/policiaca/localizan-a-reynaldo-pulido-coordinador-de-segalmex-seguridad-guerrero-fiscalia-3634772.html

This has been an interesting story.

Disappeared since Wednesday, but our "guy" here (Parro, you'll get this) -- would not call him kidnapped. He'd only say that "he's currently unable to be located....." what the hell does that even mean?

His truck was found, not far from his house (like maybe 200 meters) with both doors open on one side (double cab, of course he could afford that kind of a vehicle, right?) --- and he was nowhere to be found.

Magically appeared today and the only report right now is that he's with his family and more information will be given later (also known as, when we get our story straight, we'll let you know).

https://www.proceso.com.mx/584218/levantan-en-chilpancingo-a-coordinador-de-la-secretaria-de-agricultura-y-desarrollo-rural

https://guerrero.quadratin.com.mx/es-funcionario-de-sader-el-privado-de-su-libertad-en-chilpancingo-fge/

Re: 2019 Justice and Relief in Acapulco

Parro
Our guy - Jorge Zuriel De los Santo Barria -

Friend of Carlos, son of Astudillo.

Owner of millionaire house, on a meager salary.  Other property for his security.

Accuser of killers that offed Cesar Zambona, who were later exonerated of the kidnapping and killing in Zihaut.''

Now he says that Pulido Rodriquez left his house and deprived of freedom with all the official van doors were left open.

Also the state prosecutor Jorge De los Santos Barilla organized a press conference in the cordoned off area to inform that a security operation was implemented in order to try to locate the federal official.

Good luck Jorge.  You already know -
1 ... 891011121314