2018/2019 Guerrero in Mexico

12345 ... 10

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

deelucky1
its never to old too learn about survival skills.that would  be a good reference on where too start.since i hear so many with the question is it safe to travel?i heard stashing some extra handcuff keys on you could save your life if caught in a situation like that!im not all that sure about your Y2K horror storys that they can lock you in your car?that was a knee slapper!!!

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

michoacan,guerrero and DF are known to have large supply of organs  for sale .kids are kidnapped for that reason.when ministerial police get high and drunk on the job they  are usually the ones doing the raping and throwing womens bodys like trash.heard lots of storys where they prey on women from small towns who somtimes take bus rides to the city alone .in mexico whether you are on a horse or on a car and you see sombody walking its common courtesy to just stop and not even say a word and the person wiil accept you taking them .mexican culture is hanging by thread.i also heard horses are equipped with onstar and xm radio now on the love it or lease it plan..

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

debunked.  not that it wouldn't happen, but it is not easily done and can't be stored.  before an organ is donated the recipient is prepared and already long tested for compatibility.  the poor ignorant people in some parts of mexico here rumors and it spreads like wild fire.

i recall a comment came thru mb saying his cousin SAW a freezer full of organs ready to be sold.

as if....

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

Parro
Thanks.  I'll see if I can something up, might be in Lonely Planet

Re: Guerrero in Mexico

thank for the new guerrero page!

my cousin, from Iguala, was just there for a visit and went to aca.  he said he didn't see one foreigner just Mexican Nationals.

How sad.  Guerrero is a beautiful, beautiful place.  Taxco is one of my fave places in Mexico.  the colonial town is magical.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

only place that likes too freeze their meats is the U.S .i recall reading something where they found bunch of kids alive tagged and numberd .home robbery is very popular now and that was unheard of not too long ago.almost 2019 maybe a house alarm but with only one line to the whole town and corrupt police ?

Re: Guerrero in Mexico

What interesting observations Parro!You saw all this in 1 trip?

Re: Guerrero in Mexico

Well Topher wasn't it last time to Mexico you and DeeLucky missed meeting each other in C.S.L?

Re: Guerrero in Mexico

Parro
Yes.  6:42 all in 4 days.  The rest of the trip was uneventful.

Re: Guerrero in Mexico

Parro
It is sad in Guerrero.  I was the only gringo there for a week.  Many Mexicans asked if I was enjoying myself and what I thought about their place, my answer was a resounding yes and Mexico, is wonderful!  Great place and people.  The narcos have that in common with the terrorists.  They want to drive visitors out and control with guns.  I've seen this in East Jerusalem, Jordan, lower Egypt, etc.  It is just simply wrong to quit exploring places that these people want you away from.  In a way, you are wearing a cloak making you invisible.  They don't want to confront you, because the light will shine on them, and bring people in, who don't look the other way.  Unfortunately this is not case with the common peasant. I had spent time in Taxco previously, and loved the silver mining town.  Overlooking the plaza with the mountains in the background, is a wonderful sight!

Re: Guerrero in Mexico Johnny Hurtado

Cuidado
One thing I took from this article that baffles me is there was more murders in Tijuana this year than all of Guerrero last year.  The violence in TJ is spiriling completely out of control and no one talks about it??

Re: Guerrero in Mexico

ToPHeR
Yup! I tried to get him to come out for a drink.

I found out that Los Damasos had left El Lucifer in charge of the plaza and then the next week the authorities captured him!

Re: Guerrero in Mexico Johnny Hurtado

Parro
https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/searching-for-mexicos-disappeared-is-commonplace/59ca6db3be88971747a60b41

This is older, but is about the 43 and forced disappearances, especially in Guerrero.  I mentioned earlier that Guerrero is no longer the most violent state, but thats' due to rising violence in the Baja, and other places.  I believe your comment on Tijuana is dead on.  Why not creating a new topic regarding Tijuana?

Re: Guerrero, Petatlan party canceled

Parro
https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/insecurity-cancels-independence-celebrations/

Petatlan, canceling their New Year celebration due to insecurity.  Looks like narcos made a run at the police station a couple of days ago.

Re: Guerrero, Petatlan party canceled

Chava
That was cancelling the "GRITO" for Independence Day.

http://www.mexconnect.com/articles/2825-el-grito-the-cry

What is El Grito in Mexico?
Independence Day in Mexico. Independence Day (Día de la Independencia) is a Mexican holiday to celebrate the “cry of independence” on September 16, 1810, which started a revolt against the Spaniards. It follows from the day of the Cry of Dolores (El Grito de Dolores), on September 15.

By the way, Mexico News Daily is now charging people (5 articles free per month) --- and after that, no one can read the links that are posted. Just a heads up.

Re: Guerrero, Petatlan party canceled

Parro
Thanks Chava.  Need all the help I can get.  I've been a fan of MDN for some time and when they decided to charge $2.50/mo, I signed up.  They need all the help they can get down there as ex-pat editor.  Thy have a database that you can search for areas of interest.  It's now near as deep as BB, but it's an additional source.  Again, thanks.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

Parro
locked in the trunk of your car.  Virtual and express kidnapping is something else to look into.

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

Parro
Alright deelucky1, thanks for keeping me on the high and narrow.  Nice emoji, where did you get it?

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

Parro
This post was updated on .
deelucky1, i've had the chance to read through a lot of you posts for quite some time.  Even though you slam certain folks that come online, I want you to know that I do find that humourouss.

Regarding your china white from Guerrero, please give me the link.

Here's the earliest link I can find

https://doi.org/10.3109/15563658208992546

China White has never come out of Mexico, unless it was synthetic, not cultivated.    I really do admire you for what you have written through the years, but yes, how do I make my emojis larger?
12345 ... 10