2018/2019 Guerrero in Mexico

1 ... 7891011

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Infohiker
Wow, the level of ignorance portrayed in her writing makes it amazing to me how they were not killed sooner.  I won't even begin to go into detail.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Chava

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Wow that's errie reading that blog from 5 months ago standing up to hoodlums in the neighbourhood while the neighbours retreat in fear knowing what we now know happened!She thought if you stood up they would go elsewhere for easy pickings.That may work north of the border.I wonder if the guys that killed her boyfriend and shot their friend were the same guys coming back to exact their revenge among other things like a robbery?She must be in a real bind that not only is she traumatized by the death of her boyfriend and the whole violent incident but does she stay or does she go?Does she stay and do it on her own with the glass blowing and she's all alone although I'm sure she has meet fellow gringos and has maybe learned the language or does she go back to US to face the music of possibly a long 25 year sentence but her safety being guaranteedDoes she continue her blogging?What a hard decision!She also may have drastically changed her views overnight on the ' establishment' as now she realizes the security that has and that there's a reason for 'all the rules and regulations' and look what happens when there's not when the establishment allows the bad guys to rule.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Guys (and gals) we may want to think about starting a 2019 Guerrero blog soon or at least if Parro could put a 2018/2019 at the top of the blog shortly.The year has changed.If we don't it will be harder to find a subject for future reference.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Infohiker
Chava, I owe you an apology - you were right on the location and I was wrong.   That is some great detective work.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Parro
Hello Canadiana.  Could you tell me how to change the title of the thread so I can insert 2019 please?

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Hi Parro.You could either wait for another story to post and put 2019 in the title at the top or add the 2019 to the already above 2018 as we are already well into 19 and already stories of '19 have been posted.It could read something like 2018/2019.To change you probably have to log in at top right hand of page where the link says log in than on your 1st posting on page 1 on the upper right hand side of your post but below the log in it says Reply/Threaded/ More.Hit More and options come up.The 1st 1 says edit,hit that 1 and you can change the title or add to it or anything in the content of the 1st post.Just move your curser to wherever you want and proceed.Hope that works for you.Thx.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Chava
No worries hiker. I'm a reincarnated detective, lol

https://www.fastpeoplesearch.com/shane-m-cress_id_G3840913741599818141

I *THINK* this is John

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Infohiker

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Infohiker
Just found his arrest records in OK -

Term code: Minimum
Term: 164D
Start: May 25, 2011
Offense: Unlawful Cultivation Of A Cds (Ds)
End: 11/04/2011
Crf: 2010-7392
County: OKLA
Conviction: May 19, 2011

This to me is the “I was locked up for months without charges” he claimed on the VONU podcast.  This was a 164 days sentence, which he served in full.  Would also explain why when he caught charges again, they could have been 25 years

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Chava
Yep, I found that OK record as well......

Go to Jeff Berwick's FB and follow some posts there.....it's gets stranger and stranger.....

Thanks Canadiana!

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Parro
Person in the Kent State picture is identified as Shawn Cress, not John our anarchist, if that is indeed him.  In the YouTube videos, he states that he went to Penn State, but maybe he said Kent State.  I'll check out Jeff B. FB page.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Thanks  Parro that's better.People will be able to find the murder in January easier....Ah but remember his real name may not be John just his handle or whatever as he was on the run so.....maybe that 1 is his real name from the University.Maybe the consulate will release the real name or maybe if the culprit gets arrested they may release the name of who he shot which I think Mexico will have the pressure put on them?That does look like him(before dreads) and the red headed Lily beside him in Infohiker's photo at Kent State.

https://arrestfacts.com/Shane-Cress-2v6K64

Arrest Info and mugshot.

Parro, it's Shane Cress. That's his real name. John was an assumed name he used while running from the law.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Chava
On his mother and grandmother's facebook page, they both refer to him as "Shane."

Re: Zihaut again

Parro

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Chava
Just a follow up on "Shane" --- well, kind of.

At least the mother, maybe another family member as well, I've heard have been in town.

Went to the restaurant where the kid and GF hung out.

Not sure if they are still working on paperwork, or have already claimed body and returned to the states.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Infohiker
Feel bad for the mom and family.

It seems like the story has died down - there will probably never be closure on this one.  I just hope it serves as a lesson to the other Anarchists that there philosophy does not shield them from reality....
1 ... 7891011