2018/2019 Guerrero in Mexico

1 ... 6789101112 ... 14

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico Lawlessness/Impunity

Parro

On 1/20/2019 at 10:11 AM, "Chava [via Borderland Beat Forum]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Finally an update on the businessman that was killed (bookstore owner)

Posponen para marzo comparecencia de Jorge Zuriel por asesinato de Zambrano

Postponed until March the appearance of the PGR, Jorge Zueriel for the assessination of Zambrano.

<a target="_blank" href="https://bajopalabra.com.mx/posponen-para-marzo-comparecencia-de-jorge-zuriel-por-asesinato-de-zambrano" onclick="window.open('https://bajopalabra.com.mx/posponen-para-marzo-comparecencia-de-jorge-zuriel-por-asesinato-de-zambrano');return false;">https://bajopalabra.com.mx/posponen-para-marzo-comparecencia-de-jorge-zuriel-por-asesinato-de-zambrano

<a target="_blank" href="http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/2018-Guerrero-in-Mexico-tp4102588p4105092.html" onclick="window.open('http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/2018-Guerrero-in-Mexico-tp4102588p4105092.html');return false;">http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/2018-Guerrero-in-Mexico-tp4102588p4105092.html
To unsubscribe from 2018 Guerrero in Mexico, <a target="_blank" href=" onclick="window.open(' false;">click here.
<a style="font:9px serif;" target="_blank" href="http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&amp;id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&amp;base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&amp;breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml" onclick="window.open('http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&amp;id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&amp;base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&amp;breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml');return false;">NAML

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

1966tinman
My advice to any pocho or gringo travelling in Mexico is to not ask too many questions , never assume everyone is kind , and to pay your bribes in order not to end up in a jail cell or worse .  I grew up in  Mexico as the grandson of a high level Old Guard PRI  official from Queretaro  .  Corruption is inherent and widespread in Mexican society  . I remember as a child watching people coming and going from my grandfather's home office , asking for favors to fix problems that should be taken care without the customary bureaucratic " mordida "  , that is very common in Mexico . Paying a bribe is smart . I have witnessed gringos and pochos ending up in crowded smelly shithole jails and prisons for refusing to pay small fines or bribes set by corrupt policemen and military personnel .  El Tinman

Re: 2018 Guerrero in Mexico

Armed civilians threw a human head from a bridge on the public thoroughfare of Acapulco, a fact that caused alarm among those who witnessed the act.

Reports indicate that at 4:30 p.m. yesterday, armed civilians from the Second Floor of the Vía Rápida toward Cuauhtémoc Avenue, threw the severed head of a man.

The aforementioned caused an alert among the people who witnessed the act, most of whom were drivers on the scene.

1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Chava
https://www.elsoldemexico.com.mx/republica/justicia/atacan-a-balazos-a-dos-turistas-estadounidenses-en-acapulco-policiaca-violencia-inseguridad-guerrero-delincuencia-homicidio-3005539.html

Sounds like looking for drugs in all the wrong places.

Google translate, no clean up.

Two American tourists are shot in Acapulco
Armed men shot them in the Vista Hermosa neighborhood; one of them died and another was injured.

Two tourists of American origin were shot and killed by armed men in the Vista Hermosa neighborhood; one of them died and another was injured.

In the effective place of the three orders of government, among them troops of the Navy and federal police, who found packages of presumed drug and utensils for the elaboration of the substances, which they reported could be a "narco-laboratory".

The attack was reported to the authorities, after 4 pm this Friday, in Calle Fraile, near a soccer field.

Police officers from various corporations came to the scene, where they found a dead man outside the gate of a house, while the other injured foreigner identified as Jasson "N", 42, from Idaho in the United States, was taken to a private hospital. located on Costera Avenue.

According to police accounts, armed men attacked the two foreigners with bullets inside a house located in said settlement.

After the proceedings, the body of the murdered foreigner was lifted and transferred to the facilities of the Forensic Medical Service for the corresponding legal procedures.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Parro
Buenas Tardes Chava.

Yeah, Americans used to look for love in all the wrong places, before they started looking for drugs in all the wrong places, maybe.

Chava, (6) neighborhoods in Acapulco with Vista Hermosa.  Do you know which one?

Good luck, trying to get a slot in the morgue at the Forsenic Medical Service.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Chava
I had initially thought it was far north of town, but new info is coming out that it was the higher part of Costa Azul.

And of course, there is way more to this story.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6661167/1-American-killed-1-injured-gunmen-Acapulco.html

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Chava

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Infohiker
They were Vista Hermosa - its at the top of the mountain, past the MaxiTunnel, and well off what people would consider the tourist zone of Acapulco.  Really nowhere near fracc Costa Azul, either in location or feeling, IMO.

I don't want to disparage the dead - he didn't deserve this, no matter what.  But in reviewing their posts, and the posts of other self described "anarchists" in Acapulco, I cannot say I am surprised at what happened.   Anything that does not fit into their worldview they simply ignore, and arrogantly feel like they know better than anyone.    I find it hard to believe that any local would have told them to go live there.

What little I have seen from all the internet sources leads me to believe that there could be multiple reasons for this to have happened.  The drugs, the fact they were trying run businesses, etc.   I don't think this was random, and I don't think this was simple robbery or something random.   I think most likely they were stepping on people's toes or refusing to pay cuota for their "hustles", thinking they were somehow exempt from the consequences.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Infohiker
Some more history

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g6OAFus-b0&t=209s

They were also featured in a independent crowdsourced documentary called "stateless" which has yet to be released.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Infohiker
By the way, I thought this might be useful for you all.

https://www.arcgis.com/home/webmap/viewer.html?webmap=1191195c7c184e4da8f94bba7b40914f

This is a map of all the homicides 2011-present in Guerrero - minus 2017, I don't know why.  If you click content, you can add/subtract time periods.    This is part of the "violence Guerrero" project out of the University of Alabama.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Infohiker
This video is a view from where they were living, to give you an idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5BbLgSeTO8&t=9s

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Parro
Infohiker & Chava, great info!  Much deeper background on the American and where he was.  I really doubt John would have got the 25 yrs. for pot extract, even though that's how it's played up.  I would have believed that before they were born.  Since the scicarios went at John directly, it appears the beef was with him, not Lily.  Being in the land of mirrors, it could have been extortion on pipes/extracts, selling extract in someone's turf, other drugs and on and on   . We'll probably never know, unless Lily and the wounded guy, know something that hasn't been said.  Hopefully another chapter will be written.

Infohiker, the Guerrero map is great to see locations of the homicides over the past decade.  There are definitely hot spots, that I was not so aware of, growing homicides toward Oaxaca and to my surprise, some areas of very little violence.

I don't know who gives U of Alabama the causes of death, but some I read;

gravity, plastic bag, 300 bullets, strangling, etc.  Thanks Infohiker for the great map!

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Infohiker
I found it very helpful - especially when you see how many were in the tourist zone.  I think the descriptions were lifted (poorly) from spanish language sources.

As for the your theory, mine is this - fully accepting I know nothing beyond what I saw in the videos.   I think he was trying to grow/sell higher quality weed.  Just the way he talked about how Mexicans were impressed and wanted better devices to smoke weed, like vapes, made me think he saw a market opportunity for higher quality pot and extracts.  This pissed off the wrong people.   One of the interesting things will be what the survivor says.  In his video after being shot, he mentions "backlash".   Hopefully there is more information forthcoming.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Chava
The guy who was shot, Jason, supposedly is long gone now from Acapulco, and probably Mexico.

Also, there is a rumor that another American shot him.

His real name is not John, by the way......

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Infohiker
The more tidbits come out, the more confused I am.   Someone pointed out on another site - two men, one woman.  She is not attacked at all, and he was able to self discharge from the hospital the same day from his wounds.....

Second, they are saying there were 6 hitmen.  That seems like an awful lot.  In the vast majority of these cases, the numbers reported are usually 2-3 attackers.   6 seems like fiction.   And somehow 6 armed men cannot manage to kill 2 unarmed men at point blank range?

If this turns out to be a bullshit story covering up a love triangle murder, I won't be surprised.

That Jason Henza has fled is no surprise.   John Galton's name has been widely assumed to be a pseudonym, but no-one yet seems to know his real name.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Good article in the Washington Post on this guy.He was evading a possibly 25 year drug sentence in US and wanted to live in a country without rules and regulation and had his grow op in Acapulco.He was against taxation.Boy he was really in the wrong place !

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/an-american-crypto-anarchist-fled-the-country-he-was-just-killed-in-mexicos-murder-capital/ar-BBT9UtZ?li=AAggNb9&ocid=iehp

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Chava
I *think* I do

Read it somewhere else.......but will wait until verified.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Chava
“If somebody’s listening, please, I just — somebody showed up right after we finished eating, and they shot John and Henza, and I was in the house, and John’s dead at the gate,” Forester wailed in video she posted on social media. She begged, “Somebody please come.”

SOMEBODY --- key word there.

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Chava

Re: 1 American killed, one injured Acapulco

Infohiker
This is the most comprehensive article so far, but it really doesn't provide any new information.   The biggest gripe - and not the fault of WP - is the majority of the information is coming from the people in question themselves.   Who have fake names, have made claims that cannot be verified (locked up for months without charges, facing 25 years in prison), and have, to be frank, outlying world views.

I think the WP trying to portray him as some sort of intellectual anti-hero is a bit of a stretch.  for all the talk of "teaching classes" and organizing anarcaforko - the defining trait of which is "we are not programming anything, it is all up to the participants what we have" -seems to me most of his time spent was taking pictures of his meat-only diet and posting them on steemit for money.
1 ... 6789101112 ... 14