2013 Southlake killing extradition

Just thought I'd chip in on Chivis' piece on the front page:
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2020/03/suspect-in-killing-of-osiel-cardenas.html

The murder of Juan Jesus Guerrero Chapa in Southlake was believed to be a personal vendetta by El Gato or Jose Rodolfo Villarreal Hernandez and his brother, Ramon Villareal Hernandez AKA El Mon, the extradited guy in question. They believed Chapa was responsible for murdering their father, and the background is a family feud going back to both families shared hometown of China, NL.

El Gato branched off from Beltran Leyva after his boss, Hector Huerta Rios AKA La Burra or HH was arrested, and after La Burra's release, they were engaged in a fierce territorial battle. La Burra was assassinated Jul. 4, 2019.

Juan Jesus Guerrero Chapa

Hector Huerta Rios

Jose Rodolfo Villarreal Hernandez

Ramon Villareal Hernandez

Re: 2013 Southlake killing extradition

Yes, I remember this case well, and the trial in 2016 too, I think.  Is El Gato still in Monterrey/NL? If he doesn't run with Beltran's, is he independent?

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/the-cartel-next-door/

Just started to read this piece
MX

Re: 2013 Southlake killing extradition

MX
That article you shared J is probably the best piece I’ve read about the case. Thanks for posting.

There’s a book that Ricardo Ravelo wrote in 2006 called Los narcoabogados. It has a few pages on Chapa’s relationship with the Gulf Cartel during the early 2000s. For anyone interested in writing a bio about him that would be a great start.

Re: 2013 Southlake killing extradition

The Tx Ob article is the hands down best all around.

the 2016 I believe was only the two guys who "stalked" in a conspiracy for murder not actual murder involvement...I think, I am going off memory.

we have a few posts on this case.  I think I will repost the Tx Ob...

Re: 2013 Southlake killing extradition

Was this posted on BB before?  I may have missed it, what an article, would love to see a movie or mini series.  I truly believe the right person could get in a room with a producer, and greenlight a dozen projects all from the articles and events we know and have written ourselves.

The 2016 was murder conspiracy and interstate stalking.   The two actual killers are in Mexico, with El Gato.

Re: 2013 Southlake killing extradition

great find, J.

I tried to find out more about the family feud way back then, but it is cloudy.

It seems Osiel inherited Juan Jesus Guerrero Chapa from the El June-bunch, just like the zetas

Re: 2013 Southlake killing extradition

The cat

As Guerrero Chapa and his family prospered in North Texas, a plot to kill him took shape.

The story, laid out by the surveillance men after their arrest, begins around 2000 at Guerrero Chapa’s ranch in Guanajuato.

After Cárdenas threatened the U.S. agents at gunpoint in Matamoros, he hid out at the ranch, Guerrero Chapa’s Gulf cartel associate said.

A low-level police officer known as a madrina got word that Cárdenas was there. The officer told Guerrero Chapa he would keep quiet if he were paid. When Guerrero Chapa told Cárdenas about the extortion attempt, his boss said he would take care of it.

The madrina was never heard from again.

But his son was. The madrina’s son, Rodolfo Villarreal Hernandez, is better known as “El Gato,” or “The Cat.” He told people he would seek revenge against his father’s killer, Guerrero Chapa’s cartel associate said.

“Problem is he [Gato] always thought Juan knew where the body was buried, or what happened to the body,” the associate said.

Gato, a former San Pedro Garza Garcia police officer and now a high-ranking member of the Beltrán Leyva cartel, hired two men in 2011 to find and track Guerrero Chapa, according to information The News obtained.

Jesús Gerardo Ledezma Cepeda and his son Jesús Gerardo Ledezma Campano Jr. were former police officers and members of a Mexican hit squad. Government officials have linked the father in recent court filings to at least nine other murders or disappearances in Mexico from 2011 to 2014.

Father and son specialized in surveillance work using high-tech GPS trackers and spy cameras.

A cousin also joined the surveillance team at the father’s request, according to information The News obtained. José Luis Cepeda Cortes searched U.S. public records on Guerrero Chapa and his family. He is a legal U.S. resident with a green card who lived in Edinburg.

Gato never mentioned Guerrero Chapa by name, the son told investigators. Gato instructed him to refer to the cartel attorney by a name that is offensive to homosexuals.

“Gato never wants to say the name of Juan,” the son said. “And if we call him Juan, he gets angry.”

Guerrero Chapa’s Gulf cartel associate said he warned his friend about Gato, but Guerrero Chapa responded he had nothing to do with the death and didn’t seem worried.

After Guerrero Chapa’s murder, a U.S. federal law enforcement bulletin said Gato had reportedly ordered it.

“Rodolfo Villarreal aka El Gato … had longstanding issues with Guerrero,” the report said.

The Zetas may have been aware of El Gato’s intentions, said Arturo Fontes, a former FBI agent who tracked the cartels for more than a generation and is now president of Fontes International Solutions, a consulting firm. They and the Beltrán Leyva cartel had forged an alliance at the time to fight the rival Sinaloa cartel. And the Zetas saw Guerrero Chapa as a traitor for his involvement in the Cárdenas deal with the U.S. that was revealed in court records in 2010.

“On drug trafficking matters, Gato was considered a Zetas-Beltrán Leyva operative,” Fontes said. “In North Texas, it’s hard to imagine Gato doing anything related to drug trafficking without the knowledge of the Zetas.”

Source:
http://interactives.dallasnews.com/2016/chapa/

Re: 2013 Southlake killing extradition

MaxiMillian2k19
I read it almost three years ago that, Gato surprised the ex-policemen son and father hitman by paying them high amount of cash and gifting them brand new FORD pickup trucks.
El Gatos father was an police officer that told Juan that he could be quite about Osiel's whereabouts if he could bribe him, but instead Juan told Osiel about the bribe incident, and than Osiel said that he could "take care of it"
MX

Re: 2013 Southlake killing extradition

MX
The guys who actually pulled the trigger remain fugitives, right? I just read leChef's source and apparently there were at least 5 suspects who may have killed him.

- An former Mexican Army captain
- A guy known as "Clorox"
- Unidentified suspect #3
- Unidentified suspect #4
- Unidentified suspect #5

Their names are found in a sealed indictment in Dallas.