200 people taken hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja, CA

200 people taken hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja, CA

Havana
This post was updated on .
http://www.razon.com.mx/spip.php?article96626

A group of gunmen held 200 people hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja CA

According to initial reports, so far, little by little criminals have let out about 300 people but it is expected about 200 more remain at the scene.  The people were doing their shopping at Soriana when the criminals took refuge in the mall.

Early reports indicate, police have arrested 6 criminals, and there are six more in the store.

*And now go to the front home page and it has resolved itself thanks to the fine reporting of G

Re: 200 people taken hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja, CA

Weird.  Hope Cabo doesn't get bad, it's already hurting badly from the overall lack of tourism.  I'd guess these guys were close to being captured, and tried to escape, and this is where the situation ended.  I can't think of why they would want to hold a mall hostage otherwise.

Re: 200 people taken hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja, CA

Me too.  But there have been some signs.  Mainly a little tug of war between two sicario groups.

But as for the tourism, are you sure it has suffered?  last time I checked it was up.  I will check again, in fact one of the forum readers is in the biz there and I just sent her an email asking about the soriana thing.

Re: MORE INFO - 200 people taken hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja, CA

ok   so heard back from my forum friend in cabo

basically saying:

Blow out of proportion, and no one was paying attention to it in Cabo..
Also “ Has to do with the 4 murders and the dead comandante”

She was out and about and will send me more info later..

But I did not know about the dead comandante….anyone?

Re: 200 people taken hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja, CA

Guerro
@wenglenca

Next time you decide to post a story how about you do a little more research instead of posting a story obviously blown out of proportion. 200 people taken hostage jajaja? Really? Basically there was a shootout last night when State police ran into a group of sicarios while conducting an investigation, they called for backup and a shootout occurred. Marines lost one and a sicario was killed. The Marina wanted revenge for their lost and went on the hunt managing to corner one of the sicarios inside the Soriana store. He was arrested. Cabos has been suffering violence from local drug dealers. And about the commandante,  ZETA posted a recent story about him so you can check it out on their website.

Re: 200 people taken hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja, CA

Hola Wen....

"Its" back.... like the creature from the black lagoon. just in time for Halloween.

Funny....weren't we just speaking of the creature?  jajajajaja....perfect timing to confirm our impression.

Re: 200 people taken hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja, CA

Guerro
Why don't you let me borrow your face and my black lagoon costume will be perfect for Halloween jajajaja...and your the one who once told me, "Bottom line, you are intelligent, knowledgeable and have a message and info to share, why ruin it by personal attacks?  Disagree and no one will condemn you, but personal attacks are not allowed and have resulted in some folks being banned. " How about you follow your own advice?? jaja

Re: 200 people taken hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja, CA

Guerro
Policías estatales detuvieron a dos personas y aseguraron armas y cartuchos, incluyendo la del comandante Martín Márquez Ruiz -asesinado el pasado martes en Los Cabos-, luego de una balacera registrada aquí anoche.

En un comunicado, la Procuraduría General de Justicia del Estado (PGJE) dio a conocer que los hechos ocurrieron en el fraccionamiento Brisas del Pacífico.

Expuso que en seguimiento a las investigaciones del homicidio del comandante Márquez Ruiz, a las 11:00 horas de ayer en la citada demarcación se ubicó un domicilio relacionado con las indagatorias.

Añadió que al llegar al lugar, elementos de la Policía Ministerial y marinos fueron recibidos a balazos y granadas de fragmentación por desconocidos, registrándose un enfrentamiento armado que concluyó hasta la madrugada de hoy.

A este se sumaron como refuerzo fuerzas de Seguridad, Ejército, y policías estatales y municipales, confirmando el fallecimiento de un elemento de la Marina, así como de uno de los delincuentes.

Indicó que tres agentes de la Policía Ministerial fueron heridos en este enfrentamiento, uno de los cuales presenta impactos de bala en ambas piernas, por lo que fue necesario su traslado a la capital del estado para atenderlo.

Precisó que desde anoche se implementaron retenes de revisión en las entradas y salidas de la población, así como en puertos, aeropuertos y centrales de autobuses.

Con relación a los hechos suscitados este día en la Plaza Sendero de Cabo San Lucas, donde se registraron disparos de arma de fuego, la PGJE aún no emite ningún reporte oficial, en tanto que la zona sigue acordonada sin que se hable hasta ahora de heridos.

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/805060.html

Re: 200 people taken hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja, CA

Havana
@Guerro
Sure I could have waited longer but there were a bunch similar reports at the time and it said it was still early in the process.  I figured it was story that would be resolved as time goes on. And I did realize what I was doing. Is it better to post in the midst of something or wait until it is an old tired story.  I like knowing something is happening even if you know it will change.

*And now go the the front home page of BB and see how this story resolved itself with the fine reporting from G

Re: 200 people taken hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja, CA

well I have to say I am in agreement with Guerro on this one.  bad manners aside.
the numbers do not play out and Cabo is not HEATING UP, any more than Seal Beach California a few weeks ago when 8 were slaughtered.  isolated incidents do not a danger make.  one must give careful analysis to the overall picture and also disect the incident itself.

if you look at this incident, it was the military doing their job, in the states it may be the police chasing the bad guys.  no difference.  they were doing their job.  I like that.  how many civilians were hurt/killed?

EXACTLY.....

there is enough places of violence to speak of that are bonafide danger zones, Cabo with a homicide rate of 4.5-5  is still one of the lowest in the world, and compares with the US as a country at 5 (Washington DC it is 24!)

Global rate is 7.8

Chihuahua is 75

Upper Baja is 25

baja sur is 4.5-5

who says so...you know me Wen I am nothing but for my research:
Nation Master
UC Crime & Drug Report
Geneva Declaration on Violence

etc etc etc etc

I am getting heat on mainboard but I have facts to back it up not overblown emotion.  These inaccurate overblown sensationalized stories hurt Mexico and its people for no darn good reason.  I will post the facts in a bit there as well.

BTW  what country is the most violent and highest rate?  Mx is not even close at 17 per capita:

EL Salvador  number 1 in the world at 71-75
Hondouras  67
Jamaica   60
Guate  52-55
Venezuela 50

MEXICO IS NUMBER 40 @ 15.....  1/3 OF THE COUNTRY HAS EXTREME VIOLENCE MAKING THE NUMBERS JUMP....2/3 OF MX IS AS LOW OR LOWER THAN THE US......  YUCATAN HAS A RATE OF 2

Re: 200 people taken hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja, CA

Havana
I think you're both right and I'll use more of a discerning eye in the future.

Re: 200 people taken hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja, CA

Guerro
Well I'm sorry Buela for the remarks but when push comes to shove, I'll push right back..I wasn't trying to be mean or say anything negative from what I told wenglenca. I just thought he/she (don't know your gender wenglenca) should do a little more research. I just thought wenglenca did publish the story a little to early and was blown out of proportion. I was following the story when it first broke out because it had me worried for it could potentially hurt tourism really bad. Its bad enough that Americans and the World thinks that all of Mexico is infested with violence and this act would confirm all their beliefs when they couldn't be more wrong. I found this video so when some states violence is really bad, others are doing really well.

Re: 200 people taken hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja, CA

why G  are you saying I am ugly?  :(  you make me cry.  I cannot help the face I am born with.  I look like my uncle FEO.

Jeeze G, you keep my comments?  I am impressed and honored.

But what are you talking about?  Who/what are you referring to?  I agreed with you

Re: 200 people taken hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja, CA

Ok  understood, thanks for that.

Here is the deal, it is not what you said, obviously I agreed with you, as I often do, it is the attitude, first sentence in was accusatory.  Why not just state what you know as fact and not attack Wen?  Why must you dictate how we post?  If you disagree I personally want to hear it, I think you have good stuff to share with us all.  But sweet Jesus give the attitude and rudeness a rest, because when you do that it puts a person on defense and likely will be so pissed they will lose the message...

Just saying G...take it down a notch.

BTW I am getting chingas over on mainboard on Gerardo's sotry of Cabo.  No matter, I will bring the facts.  But this dude is saying he lives in Cabo and the last letter is there fighting Chapo, and that is contrary to what I know, do you know anything?  Zeta Mag had a great write up a few mos past saying it is a war between sicario grps

PS...excellent vid

Re: 200 people taken hostage in a mall in Los Cabos, Baja, CA

Guerro
Well I wasn't trying to attack Wen, maybe I just need to word my words differently. Anyways about Cabo having sicarios groups, I really don't know but I also doubt it. From what I know there is alot of narcomenudo. Mainly narcomenudistas fighting among each other trying to satisfy tourists who look for weed and other drugs. Texcoco posted a story back:

http://borderland-beat.924382.n3.nabble.com/More-arrests-in-Los-Cabos-Canadian-involved-in-homicide-td3436843.html