1st ever murder charge for drug dealer selling to ODer

1st ever murder charge for drug dealer selling to ODer

This ishttp://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/for-first-time-eps-lay-manslaughter-charges-in-fentanyl-related-death-1.3132731 an Alberta 1st,a drug dealer addict selling fentanyl and person died.He's charged with manslaughter which is the lesser of a murder charge.Chivis sorry it's a video and don't know about video posting without link.

Re: 1st ever murder charge for drug dealer selling to ODer

In Winnipeg they found all 3 people dead in a house of overdoses.A paramedic was talking on CBC news TV tonight said they had to treat another paramedic that had just attended to an overdose patient with the life saving drug.  When he left the house the paramedic was getting high and ready to collapse and had to be administered the life saving drug so now they are thinking they have to really suit up now as this guy says only 3 grains of carfentanyl will do a person in.A 9 month old baby that was only in the same house had to be administered the life saving drug.What's even more alarming and the reason I wanted to post this was this paramedic says it's not just opiates fentanyl is in.Fentanyl is showing up laced in pot believe it or not and cocaine too!Funny my 23 year old son who is a dedicated pot smoker said something to that effect 2 months ago and that's why he liked 'shatter' medical marijuana because he didn't trust regular pot to not have fentanyl in it.This is serious times people!

Re: 1st ever murder charge for drug dealer selling to ODer

TheChosenOne
This isn't the first time they've charged a dealer with murder or mansluaghter I have a childhood buddy that's almost 20 years into a life sentence for getting a girl high and she died of an overdose. And he isn't the only one either. If the media or police said it they are wrong I can guarantee you that.

Re: 1st ever murder charge for drug dealer selling to ODer

It was a 1st for the city of Edmonton which has a population of about 1 million.I wondered myself if it had happened anywhere else too so you answered my question,it has.

Re: 1st ever murder charge for drug dealer selling to ODer

As Canadiana says this is a first for Edmonton, and the suspected dealer is charged with manslaughter, not murder. However, if your friend received a life sentence it sounds unusual.

Re: 1st ever murder charge for drug dealer selling to ODer

An accused drug dealer has been charged with manslaughter in connection to a customer’s fentanyl overdose.

Allison Pelech and Julia Parrish, CTV Edmonton

Investigators with Edmonton Police Service have charged a man in his 20s with manslaughter in connection to the death of a man who police said overdosed on fentanyl.

On Wednesday, January 27, 2016, around 1:30 p.m. officers were called to a residence in the area of 33 Street and 18 Avenue. A body was found in the hallway of the home.

Autopsy and toxicology results concluded that Szymon Kalich, 33, had died from a fentanyl overdose.

 Edmonton Police generic
Homicide detectives conducted an extensive investigation and charged Jordan Yarmey, 25, with manslaughter in the death of Kalich on Monday, October 24. Police confirmed Wednesday that the accused was the victim's drug dealer.

“At the end of the day we had the evidence to lay the charge, and we did lay the charge,” Staff Sgt. Dave Monson said.

Typically, EPS said investigators charge dealers with drug trafficking, but said this particular case was different.

“If you can prove that they knew they were trafficking a controlled substance, in this case it was fentanyl, and a reasonable person at the time would know that the controlled substance is likely to cause bodily harm, and you can show the controlled substance caused the death, this satisfied the elements of manslaughter,” Staff Sgt. Monson said.

Yarmey is expected to appear in court on Thursday, October 27.

Re: 1st ever murder charge for drug dealer selling to ODer

durrr
And they do suit up here. Have since September. Full Hazmat Teams

Re: 1st ever murder charge for drug dealer selling to ODer

durrr
Banned User
laaaaammmeeeeee