Culiacan, Sinaloa.- An armed group stormed the Mar and Sea restaurant and deprived about 15 people of their freedom, including the pair of musicians who were making the evening livelier.
The events were sparked in the first minutes of Monday, in the restaurant located at the confluence of the boulevards Sánchez Alonso and Diego Valadez
It would be at 00:30 hours, when several units, among which stood a yellow rubicon jeep and a white pickup truck Silverado, a large group of men with high-powered weapons and empecherados stormed the premises.
When the evening broke abruptly, the present guests tried to flee, but the accesses had been blocked by the gunmen.
Local employees were forced to throw themselves on the floor and stripped of their cell phones and wallets, while the male clients were removed from the place, the ladies present were not bothered, according to a witness's version.
The restaurant was about to close, in fact some customers were already saying goodbye, when these people arrived," said one person who was a witness.
He added that there is no exact number, but it is estimated that 15 people, including the two musicians who enliven the evening, were forced to board the units in which the command was traveling.
In the parking lot of the restaurant were eight units, allegedly owned by customers who had been deprived of liberty, one of them, a red compact, was practically at the exit door.
AUTHORITIES ARE SAYING IT WAS ONLY 8 THAT ARE KIDNAPPED
The undersecretary of Public Security, Cristobal Castañeda Camarillo, reported that so far they have the report of eight people deprived of their freedom, of which only two were identified and is waiting for the complaint of the rest to be reported, to know who are they.
The undersecretary said that in one of the pickups of people who were "lifted" cartridges were found 9 millimeters and .40 caliber. The two identified persons are adults, it is said that some have been released.
Near this place, last Wednesday was beheaded Alfredo Juarez, owner of an accountancy office.
The State Attorney General's Office does not know how many people were kidnappeed, does not know who they are, but confirmed that between six and eight people were released after they were deprived of their freedom this morning at the Mar & Sea restaurant.
"Without even having the information in a legal and official way, we are aware that between 6 and 8 people have already been released, and continues to date with a complaint filed for the crime of illegal deprivation of liberty, the same as The Prosecutor made reference, "prosecutors said in a statement.
This morning Juan José Ríos Estavillo, State Attorney General, said that at that time did not have a precise data of missing persons, because only a formal complaint was filed without further details being specified.
"The number, so far, we can not officially specify, what we can signal formally and officially is that we are aware that one of these people has already been released," he said.
"They have been gathering testimonies at the place and have been able to identify characteristics of the vehicles as the number of people who arrived at the place armed to carry out these acts".
In the parking lot of the restaurant, nine abandoned vehicles were found, which, according to data of the Prosecutor's Office, could belong to the kidnapped people.
The press office of the Attorney General's Office was consulted on how he obtained the information of the released persons, and it was said that this corresponded to information obtained by the investigators of the case that could not be made public.
So far, it has been clarified, there is only one complaint for the crime of illegal deprivation of liberty.