12 Men and a Truck

Parro

MEXICO CITY — Mexican authorities said on Saturday they were investigating the deaths of 12 men whose bodies were found with signs of gunshot wounds inside a stolen pickup truck abandoned in the violent western state of Michoacan.

Cartels have been clashing over territory in the region known as Tierra Caliente, Spanish for “Hot Land,” that contains some areas of the states of the neighbouring states Michoacan, Guerrero and Mexico State.

Michoacan state’s attorney general said in a statement the men, who have not yet been identified, were found in the municipality of San Lucas that the three states border

[IF YOU ASK ME, MEXICO IS A GREAT PLACE TO VISIT AFTER WE GET THE GREEN LIGHT . . IN FACT, I CAN'T WAIT.  UNTIL THEN, WE RECOGNIZE MOST VIOLENCE IS AGAINST ANOTHER PROTAGANIST IN THIS PLAY.  LOWER THE COVOID RATE OF INFECTIONS AND LIFT THE RESTRICTIONS.  READY TO GET BACK.]

Re: 12 Men and a Truck

Mica
99% sure these are from the event

Re: 12 Men and a Truck

Chava
Supposedly all of the dead are from Zirandaro, Guerrero

Re: 12 Men and a Truck

Parro
Mica has the right pic and the truck did have Guererro's license plate,  Zirandaro.  Thx Chava.

Atoyac River - the border between Guerrero and Michoacan.  If you have Guerrero victims' dump them in Michoacan.  We know the victims probably came from Zirandaro.

[THE TIERRA CALIENTE REMAINS HOT]

Re: 12 Men and a Truck

Parro
[OP-ED POSTED TODAY ON EL UNIVERSAL, WITH MUCH MORE INFORMATION ON THIS MASSACRE]

https://www.eluniversal.com.mx/opinion/hector-de-mauleon/la-masacre-de-huetamo

"The reality is that no one wants to give an interview," a Michoacan police agent reported to his superiors.  The report of a confrontation had arrived in a lost community of Caracuaro, in Michoacan.  Upon arriving at the scene, the police found remnants of heavy shooting.

There was a smoke grenade, a long gun, a bullet-ridden Nissan NP300 pickup truck, and hundreds of shell casings in the vicinity.

There was however, no body.

"Only one human limb was found, a left hand", the agent reported.

Police warned that community residents were afraid to speak up.  They managed to finally locate someone who was encouraged to tell them that, that day, people from LFM "scampered" a CJNG group that was traveling in the Nissan.  The "Jalisco" took refuge in house that was under construction, and there they tried to resist.

Finally they surrounded them, massacred them and took the bodies in a van, "because of the gap that leads to Tiquicheo."

The following day, the discovery of the 12 bodies was reported, stacked in the raft of an abandoned van on the San Lucas-Huetamo highway, four and a half hours away from the place where the mysterious confrontation referred to above had occurred.

The victims had been riddled with long weapons.  One of them had had both hands amputated, and her executioners set them aside.

Another of the corpses had his left hand amputated.  The same, apparently, found in Caracuaro.

There was a poster: "Excuse me Chito Cano.  I forgot your Mother's Day gift but there (sic) I send it to you.  Attendee's.  The Michoacana Family".

Alejandro Carranza Rairez, Chito Cano, is the operator of the Jalisco Cartel in the limits of Michoacan, Guerrero and the State of Mexico.

The Nissan truck had been stolen in the country's capital since September: one more input in the war without quarter that the Jalisco Cartel and the Michoacana Family have unleashed.

The massacre is one of the most numerous in recent months.  It is inserted in a climate of increasing violence in which videos with torture and narco-executions are uploaded by criminal groups to social networks with increasing frequency.

The Huetamo massacre seems to the the answer to a terrible video that was circulated two days before, in which hitmen from CJNG question a young man who confesses to working for the Michoacan Family:  the young man is dismembered alive amid horrible screams of pain.  I don't know.

According to versions collected by police in the area, the victim was the nephew of Medardo Hernandez Vera, alias Lolo Mantecas, one of the most wanted in the region.

Hernandez Vera is a lieutenant of the FLM and a member of the close circle of the leaders of that group:  Johnny Hurtado Olascoaga, El Pez, and his brother, Jose Alfredo Hurtado, nicknamed El Fresa.  Just last March 23, eight other bodies were found in the box of a truck in El Manzanillal 2, in the Lazaro Cardenas area.

Hours after the massacre, it was reported that "motorcycle dealers" had entered a Puruandiro home to riddle six members of a family (hey killed four women and one man, and wounded another).

The region in which the three states adjoin has become a cauldron:  a war zone where people die in clusters.  The Secretary of Security, alfonso Durazo, has acknowledged that in Michoacan alone, an average of seven murders are committed every day.

The balances of that war become visible every day.  What you don't see one day or the other is the strategy that can get the inhabitants of the area out of that hell.  I don't know, I don't know.

MX

Re: 12 Men and a Truck

MX
Nice find on that op article. Hector de Manuelon is a great journalist and has a clue about what’s going on with the drug war. He has written good articles about El Mencho / the CJNG which I’ve used for our publications.

Re: 12 Men and a Truck

Parro
MX, he is a brave man, and speaks from the heart.  You can feel the desperation in his pieces.  Always, a lot of missing pieces in the mainstream.