12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated in route to Vera Cruz..probably Sinaloa's

12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated in route to Vera Cruz..probably Sinaloa's

5/24/11..
The fact the Colombia is the legal importer (then illegal export) of the ingredients (ephedrine etc) to make ecstacy and meth stunned me.  SO I did some checking and in 2009 the law was passed to phase them out in favor of safer ingredients .  They had two years..in 2011 it became/becomes illegal so I am not sure how that will effect the cartel but it will. I notice that Chapo gets container direct from china now and there have been huge confiscations.  I have a bunch of info on the busts I intend to put together for a post.  CHina makes 90% the worlds supply of the ingredients for meth.  Prior big busts had CR destination or in CR so that means Chapo, they were from Comba's cartel.

Notes:   I just spoke to my husband in China.  I asked if I was correct about the container being 40ft with 12-16 MTs of cocaine.  He said very well could be though powder packs into tight cubes, so it depends how it was packaged and the amount of sugar, but more than likely yes a 40 ft.

Update: I saw the video looks more like 20 foot and interesting packing.

My husband and I are a large importing company (30+ yrs)  no not THAT importing business purely legal.  But the same business practices are largely used in the org crime world.  We can not look at the illegal product that is "on the water"  as wholesale, product in general when packaged and on the water belongs to someone else.  In my world we use LC or TT and upon splash it is the responsibility of someone else.  I do not know whose transport container it was but for sure the Colombians know. It had been on the water for 2 days.

there is 100 kilos in a ton and 2204 lbs.  anyway we look at it that is a huge amount lost. NO DOUBT in my mind based on all the info I was able to get this is Chapo's powder.

Ove was nice enough to contribute to this post some videos:

http://www.rtp.pt/noticias/index.php?article=444848&headline=20&t=Marinha-colombiana-apreende-12-toneladas-de-cocaina.rtp&tm=7&visual=9

http://youtu.be/8lPVQBZiANk

Thank you VERY much Joven...

Colombia: 12 Metric Tons Of Cocaine Confiscated hidden in a container of brown sugar headed for vera cruz and believed to be for Sinaloa..as this is their supplier. Map depicts city in Colombia the container left a few days ago in route to Mexico..
Below the story is another story of who the LA RASTROJOS CARTEL are and its leader " COMBA..they are very close to Sinaloa...surely this is sinaloa cocaine..

 May 23, 2011

Colombian authorities on May 23 seized 12 metric tons of cocaine in a container in the Cartagena de Indias port, DPA reported. The shipment had left the southwestern Colombian city of Cali a few days before and was awaiting transport to Veracruz, Mexico. The Colombian navy chief admiral said the shipment was estimated at 12-16 tons and may have belonged to Los Rastrojos, El Espectador reported, citing AFP. Separately, DPA reported that Colombian police seized $2.8 million in cash in El Dorado airport in Bogota. The cash was taken from a Mexican citizen who was attempting to enter Colombia, and it is believed to have been payment for cocaine previously sent to the Sinaloa cartel.

Here is spanish link to colombias el espectador

http://www.elespectador.com/noticias/judicial/articulo-271980-cae-cargamento-de-12-toneladas-de-cocaina-cartagena

WHO ARE THE COLOMBIAN CARTEL LOS RASTOJOS? ( leader of cartel foto below)

Only a decade ago was only a small group of 'gunmen', as they are known in the underworld who are dedicated to killing on request, and now consolidated as the largest cartel in the country.

'The Rastrojos', who are locked in a bloody war in the south with the 'AGUILAS' for control of narcotics production and output to the Pacific, have extended their reach to  29 municipalities in five departments.

. In addition, intelligence sources confirmed the Police, the organization already controls at least two thirds of the drugs produced in Colombia.

 By 2000 the then ruthless and powerful drug trafficker Wilber Varela, alias "Japon", is stranded in a bloody battle with his former partners over control of the Norte del Valle del Cauca and the area of ​​del canon de las garrapatpas. (Japon now dead)

To fight the war, mainly with Diego Leon Montoya, alias 'Don Diego', his most bitter enemy, he decided to strengthen its armed wing and made the order to Diego Pérez Henao, alias "Diego Rastrojo."

.Thus was born the criminal gang that takes the alias of its top leader, and began a confrontation with 'Los Machos', the group created by 'Don Diego' to the same task. and led by Gildardo Rodriguez Sierra.

 Among its objectives were also dealing with internal struggles, which were not needed in the organization of Varela and likewise protect the laboratories and routes, all with a goal to control the Colombian Pacific.

 Its area of ​​influence was initially Norte del Valle, Nariño, Putumayo, Cauca, southern Colombia to the edge of the Pacific where the North cartel activity developed throughout the production and export of drugs.

A At first the size of the 'Los Rastrojos' and 'Los Machos' were similar, making it relatively balanced war.  However, following the arrest of 'Don Diego' 'Los Machos' ran out of cash and begin to delay payment to growers and coca leaf pickers.

This situation was exploited by 'The Rastrojos', who are beginning to gain ground and take over the business in effect a monopoly.

 With the capture and extradition (US) of Carlos Mario Jiménez, alias 'Macaco',  Rastrojos managed to take the north of Colombia...

 Los Rastrojos ' has created a criminal organization, drug trafficking and terrorism organization that is  largest and are the ones who are currently leading national cartels." Dealing in multiple ton shipment to Central Aamerica for shipments to Mexico and the united states

.
In addtion to the cocaine business Los Rastrojos entered the business of buying EPHEDRINE from asia as there were no legal restricions.  AFter importing from Asia the product is shipped to Central America and Mexico.

 In Costa Rica, in April 2009, was seized 30 kilos of ephedrine that 'The Rastrojos were trafficking in partnership with Mexico's Sinaloa cartel, with which a close relationship for several years.

note:

I did not know the history and wanted to determine how far back the partnership with Sinaloa went and it goes back at least five years..so I would say they are very close therefore the cocaine probably was a partnership at least.

The foto is Calle Luis Enrique Serna, aka 'Combs', head of the cartel' Los Rastrojos.

 and this link: http://www.insightcrime.org/criminal-groups/colombia/rastrojos/item/63-rastrojos-profile

Re: 12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated and 2.8M in cash in route to Vera Cruz

El Regio
I wonder whose dope this was, perhaps El Tocayo is singing away!!! lol

Well either way its great to have it off the street.

Re: 12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated and 2.8M in cash in route to Vera Cruz

kylesam
If it was headed for Veracruz then its probably Zetas, since Veracruz is Zeta territory.

Re: 12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated and 2.8M in cash in route to Vera Cruz

Havana
Headed for Vera Cruz said to be for Sinaloa.  So, El Chapo's fuming and I'm cheering.
Oh, by the way, is that a lot?  Maybe he won't miss it?  LOL

Re: 12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated and 2.8M in cash in route to Vera Cruz

Hola...it looks like Sinaloa...sorry I was busy translating some info about the colombian cartel and who they were in allaince with in Mexico and it is def Sinaloa.  I just posted it.  But their alliance goes back at least 5 years that I can find.  Sorry I should have waited and posted together but I had to research then translate.

Re: 12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated and 2.8M in cash in route to Vera Cruz

Yep Weng...looks like CHapos at least in partnership.  I posted an overview of the colombian cartel.  Wow, they are IT in Colombia.  Notice the other bust was in Costa Rica...so naturally it would be Sinaloa then as well, they pretty much "have" CR.

Oh yeah   a whole lotta white stuff. most likely a 40 foot container

Re: 12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated and 2.8M in cash in route to Vera Cruz

That is almost incomprehensible to me.  Someone gave up that shipment, no way that just got seized.  Def. not Zeta's cocaine, or I highly doubt it, I want to say CDG maybe, but that seems pretty high for their operation. Maybe two groups on the same load.  Although, if they hadn't paid for the product yet, there wouldn't be a financial loss for the purchaser, although it's likely it was paid for, who knows how it's even done these days, labtops, ipads, iphones.

Re: 12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated and 2.8M in cash in route to Vera Cruz

Hola J

First thing I thought...no loss to whoever the purchaser is.  But as I dug deeper that is not how these relationships work.  They have been in partnership with Sinaloa for years not necessarily simply purchasers but real partners in cocaine and meth full product or ingredient.

How much do you think this is worth both front end and street value?  I have no clue I was going to check it out later but maybe you know

Re: 12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated and 2.8M in cash in route to Vera Cruz

el Spaceio
nice post Buela. how active is the USA in fighting the cartels in this area?? this is a pretty big hit lol.

thats why its good when we catch bosses because bosses know alot of stuff and more people we can torture into telling even more stuff MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT.

one thing for sure some heads are gonna roll over this.

on the street around here you can get 3.5 grams for $120 but thats after its been stepped on 4 or 5 times. so each kilo gets turned into 4 or 5 kilos.
~~~ I believe in equal rights for every Honest Person on this Planet regardless of Race or Money ~~~

favorite quote "helping to better the lives of others is the greatest of all achievements" http://www.feinsteinfoundation.org/

my email is lostowl@lycos.com

Viva the Law!!!

Re: 12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated and 2.8M in cash in route to Vera Cruz

Havana
I'm glad I can't calculate the value of this lost load in my head.  For starters I don't even know how much a kilo goes for. Street value would have been astronomical. Does that help, Buela? I'm always willing to lend you a helping hand. I  do wonder what happens to it?  With corruption is there any assurance that it won't get broken up and redistributed? You know how some people go overboard with recycling?  Or am I being paranoid?

Good Columbia cartel info. I also noticed the CR bust too.

Re: 12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated and 2.8M in cash in route to Vera Cruz

Havana
Hey el Spaceio, thanks for that.  You saved me a few calls.

Re: 12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated in route to Vera Cruz..probably Sinaloa's

kylesam
"he organization already controls at least two thirds of the drugs produced in Colombia. "

"This situation was exploited by 'The Rastrojos', who are beginning to gain ground and take over the business in effect a monopoly. "

" Los Rastrojos ' has created a criminal organization, drug trafficking and terrorism organization that is  largest and are the ones who are currently leading national cartels." Dealing in multiple ton shipment to Central Aamerica for shipments to Mexico and the united states "

And to think the U.S. and Colombian government consider Plan Colombia a success jajaja...this is a success??

Re: 12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated and 2.8M in cash in route to Vera Cruz

Yes, it could just be that the money is transferred or however the process as soon as the shipment leaves the source country, or transshipment point.  Or maybe it's cash on delivery, doubtful, that kind of cash.  It's really hard to estimate how much that kind of bulk shipment is worth, I don't think it's accurate to see the 'street level' (gram value), because by then it's so far removed from the original owners, although I guess just for the novelty of it.

My guess, and I am not saying this is correct, or unaanmious across the board, but kilo's go for 20-23 thousand in the border towns, El Paso, Mcallen, etc etc, and cities close by.  The further north it goes, the higher the price, I've read they are 28-30 thousand in places like San Francisco, and the further into the midwest the more expensive too, like 30-35 thousand in places like Utah or Colorado.  So, theres 1200 ki's in a ton, if each sold for 20,000, you would have an answer with that equation.  But, that doesn't account for the fact that these tons will be broken down into probably quarter and half tons, and then again into 500-600 ki's.  And then broken down again, into even smaller loads.  And of course, it gets worked on, along the way, but the (are said) to come across the border at 80-90 percent, and it probably leaves Columbia around 95.  Anyway you count it, it's a lot of money and a lot of cocaine.

Re: 12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated and 2.8M in cash in route to Vera Cruz

Frontera
12 MT x 2,204.6 = 26,455.2 lbs divided by 2.2046 = 12,000 kilos x $28k = $336,000,000.00 - retail

Re: 12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated and 2.8M in cash in route to Vera Cruz

Huero - BB
28K is the price for someone buying a couple of keys. At that point, the profit/loss is not on the cartel side, just the end person. The cartel probably paid around 6K a key at that point.
“We are recorders and reporters of the facts-not judges of the behavior we describe.” - Alfred C. Kinsey

Re: 12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated and 2.8M in cash in route to Vera Cruz

Frontera
True Huerco – BB but even at $6k wholesale $72 million is a hard hit.

Re: 12-14 metric tons of cocaine confiscated and 2.8M in cash in route to Vera Cruz

ovemex
 Here are a few links on prices and another link that shows step by step hoe the price increases from the actual farms to the U.S. street dealers..Seems concrete/numbers info varies, but they give at least a general idea of how the whole system works.

http://www.havocscope.com/price-of-cocaine-in-the-americas/ :Price of cocaine in the Americas

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=542369 Tracking Cocaine, One Kilo at a Time

http://www.narcoticnews.com/Cocaine-Prices-in-the-U.S.A.php  Wholesale Cocaine Prices
USA/State by State

Replies and added thoughts...metric tons of cocaine confiscated in route to Vera Cruz..probably Sinaloa's

Thanks Ove..I wanted to post the charts etc but I was waiting for other info to post an update.

The fact the Colombia is the legal importer (then illegal export) of the ingredients (ephedrine etc) to make ecstacy and meth stunned me.  SO I did some checking and in 2009 the law was passed to phase them out in favor of safer ingreients.  They had two years..in 2011 it became/becomes illegal so I am not sure how that will effect the cartel but it will.

Notes:
I just spoke to my husband in China.  I asked if I was correct about the container veing 40ft with 12-16 MTs of cocaine.  He said very well could be though powder packs into tight cubes, so it depends how it was packaged and the amount of sugar, but more than likely yes a 40 ft.

My husband and I are a large importing company (30+ yrs)  no not THAT importing business purely legal.  But the same business practices are largely used in the org crime world.  We can not look at the illegal product that is "on the water"  as wholesale, product in general when packaged and on the water belongs to someone else.  In my world we use LC or TT but upon splash it is the responsibility of someone else.  I do not know whose transport container it was but for sure the Colombians know. It had been on the water for 2 days.
there is 100 kilos in a ton and 2204 lbs.  anyway we look at it that is a huge amount lost.

@ KS an Spaceio- yeah makes me wonder how much success we actually had in Colombia, suposedly we still are very ative in the area so how the hell can a container like this ship?  and if one is detected one knows there are 8-10 that were not.

I am not a fan of catch the capos approach, the middle layer is the most productive and the backbone, but I must admit it is sweet to hear the capos "sing"

as always my dos centavos

@ Wenge  thanks as always for commenting and helping

Re: Replies and added thoughts...metric tons of cocaine confiscated in route to Vera Cruz..probably Sinaloa's

ovemex
Administrator
Hi Buela..

About the container, here's a couple very short video clip showing the container (and the guy busted with $2.8M US of Chapo's cash)

http://www.rtp.pt/noticias/index.php?article=444848&headline=20&t=Marinha-colombiana-apreende-12-toneladas-de-cocaina.rtp&tm=7&visual=9

http://youtu.be/8lPVQBZiANk

Saludos

Re: Replies and added thoughts...metric tons of cocaine confiscated in route to Vera Cruz..probably Sinaloa's

AWESOME Ove!

Yes I knew it was Chapos cash my original post said a much, that made me dig deep to see which had the alliance/partnership with Comba's cartel...it is mindboggling!

Did you see my post about the ingredients for meth and extacy?  Incredible it took so long, I know SInaloa is getting direct shipments in Mx from china so maybe that is why.  it used to go from colombia to CR and onward, we know who is in CR so everything fit together like a neat completed puzzle.

I will post the videos on the main post....Paz...B