1,000 Acres of Marijuana Farms in So Cal Desert Destroyed

1,000 Acres of Marijuana Farms in So Cal Desert Destroyed

jmulligan13
There is a lot of press on the Northern California/Humboldt illegal BLM land grows.  A lot of that has been happening in the desert areas and cities in Southern California. Either weekly unincorporated land busts or suburban track homes converted to whole house grows.

The interesting trends is most of the arrests are Chinese nationals.  Any thoughts on cartel connections? The black market in CA is still big due to tight regulations and taxes and lesser penalties on growing here to transport to other states.

HEMET, CA — More than 84,000 marijuana plants were recently destroyed on 1,000 acres of public and private lands in unincorporated areas near Hemet and Anza, the Riverside County Sheriff's Department reported.

A two-day sting operation targeting outdoor illegal marijuana cultivations in the unincorporated areas began July 20, the agency said.

In addition to the plants, 44 pounds of processed marijuana were recovered from a makeshift processing shed.

The combination of processed cannabis and growing plants had an estimated street value of $42 million, the sheriff's department said.

The sheriff's sting operation was supported by members of the Hemet Sheriff's Station, Riverside District Attorney's Office Cannabis Regulation Task Force, United States Forest Service, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Bureau of Land Management, and Campaign Against Marijuana Planting, according to the sheriff's department.

No arrests were announced.
MX

Re: 1,000 Acres of Marijuana Farms in So Cal Desert Destroyed

MX

Re: 1,000 Acres of Marijuana Farms in So Cal Desert Destroyed

El_Bujo
+1 — I second MX, and am very happy to see you continue to pump out quality content, Jmulligan.

@MX — if you see this, I have been needing to speak to you privately. Do you happen to have an email (temp is fine), where I may reach you at?

Thank you and I wish all is well in your life right now. I’ve said it before, and I will say it again, we WILL come out of this UNITED as well as STRONGER than ever!

MX

Re: 1,000 Acres of Marijuana Farms in So Cal Desert Destroyed

MX
This post was updated on .
@El Bujo: Absolutely. Are you able to email me from here? Click my profile and then "Send Email to MX". Let me know when you do.
MX

Re: 1,000 Acres of Marijuana Farms in So Cal Desert Destroyed

MX
@jmulligan13: I added your post to the mainboard and also included another story about a local farmer.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2020/07/us43-million-worth-of-cannabis.html

Is this your first MB post? Nice job once again and thank you for your contributions.

@redlog: If you're reading this, I'm still working on the report but should be done soon.

@El Bujo: Haven't received an email from you but I'll be looking for it.

Re: 1,000 Acres of Marijuana Farms in So Cal Desert Destroyed

Nice post jmulligans

Re: 1,000 Acres of Marijuana Farms in So Cal Desert Destroyed

jmulligan13
Yes it is, thank you!

Here is an example article on what I mentioned for the track home grow ops, and the very minor charges versus the scale of it.

https://patch.com/california/lakeelsinore-wildomar/lake-elsinore-man-arrested-marijuana-raid

LAKE ELSINORE, CA — A Lake Elsinore man was recently arrested in connection with an illegal marijuana operation, the Riverside County Sheriff's Department reported.

Justin Jun Shen, 31, was taken into custody Thursday after he tried to flee from deputies in the 35000 block of Desert Rose Way, the department said.

The chase began after deputies showed up at that location around 8 p.m. armed with a search warrant. Shen took off into a nearly dirt field but was ultimately captured, according to the sheriff's department.

During a search of the property, deputies found approximately 1,500 marijuana plants and they discovered illegal electrical wiring at the residence, the sheriff's department said.

Southern California Edison turned off power at the site, and Lake Elsinore Code Enforcement along with Building and Safety determined the residence were uninhabitable.

According to jail records, Shen was booked into Cois Byrd Detention Center on suspicion of misdemeanor marijuana cultivation. His bail was set at $5,000 and he was released from custody that same night. He is due in court Aug. 27.

Re: 1,000 Acres of Marijuana Farms in So Cal Desert Destroyed

Ciro
You can tell thats a asian grower by the style of grower.  Asians specifically vietnamese grow like that old school hids and bambo sticks being in south cali he had to have a air conditioner but in British Columbia asians use fans and blowers. cheap cheap just like chinese goods

Re: 1,000 Acres of Marijuana Farms in So Cal Desert Destroyed

jmulligan13
Nearly every article I have seen in the last year or so on grow busts in homes in Riverside county, where they arrest someone, they are asian.

Re: 1,000 Acres of Marijuana Farms in So Cal Desert Destroyed

El_Bujo
Sorry if I hijacked this thread at all...

MX — sent you an email via the forums, hopefully you got it!

Jmulligan — Congratulations on hitting the main board!!! Cheers to you, my friend!!!